Live TV network tuner problems

I'm using Tivo Stream 4K that is Ethernet connected to Channels DVR running on a Synology NAS with solid state disk drives. When trying to watch live TV, I get lots of "Network Tuner Problem" error messages and videos pauses and sometimes disconnect ls. It's worse when trying to watch a channel coming from HDHR/Cable card vs a TVE channel. Similar performance when I use WiFi on the Tivo Stream 4K. But, when I watch that same channel (coming from HDHR/Cable Card) on my pixel 7a phone, it works flawlessly. I submitted diagnostics to channels support and the response said connectivity problems between the Tivo Stream and Channels DVR server. I guess the switch that's serving Ethernet to the Tivo could be bad, but I have my doubts. Anyone have any workarounds to this problem with the Stream 4K? I tried several TiVo Stream 4Ks and same result.

The message "Tuner network problems" means the connection between your HDHR and the rest of the network is not good.

You can try enabling Settings > Playback > Advanced > Tuner Sharing: On in the app

This message is based on diagnostic data from your HDHR itself. The HDHR doesn't have a lot of RAM, so when its trying to send data and the other side isn't picking it up, that piece of video data is dropped and lost. This causes distortion during playback on the client side.