Live TV playback video freezes but audio continues [Surround Sound]

I’m having an issue where after a few minutes or a few hours my live TV playback will freeze. The video stops, but the audio continues. If I rewind and fast-forward it’ll continue for a second, but then freeze again. The only fix is to close out the program and restart it. I’ve tried restarting my shield a few times to see if it was a problem with the cache, but the problem continues.

What hdhomerun model and tv provider?

Can you go to the Player Settings tab and enable Surround Sound to see if it helps.

After it freezes, go back to Player Settings and click Submit Diagnostics at the bottom.

Just submitted diagnostics

I have an hdhomerun prime and Comcast.

I updated the firmware on the hdhr prior to trying again, and it made no difference.

Thanks.

So surround sound off and on are the same?

Have not tried with surround sound off. I am not home at the moment but will try when I get an opportunity. However, I would like it to work with surround sound on.

Ofcourse, I’m just trying to figure out where the issue is first.

I’ve uploaded v1.0.16 that should help with this issue. Let me know if you still have problems after the app updates.

I downloaded the update and it happened again. I submitted diagnostics again. Trying with surround sound off now. Will update if it does or doesn’t happen again.

Thanks for the diagnostics. How long were you watching for before it happened?

I’ve uploaded a new beta with more diagnostics. Please try it and submit diagnostics again with surround sound enabled.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.getchannels.app

Was watching for less than 30 minutes. Have been watching for over two hours with surround turned off and no problems. I’ll download the beta and try with that too.

1 Like

I saw some diagnostics from the beta. Did it have the same issue?

Hey there just submitted them again. This time the video slows down and stutters, eventually getting out of sync with the audio. However, if I fast forward it catches up and resyncs

I was able to reproduce this issue. It usually happens during commercial breaks on some channels when the audio switches from 5.1 to stereo.

1 Like

This should be fixed in v1.0.17

1 Like

Ah ha! You are totally right! Thank you!

1 Like