Loading Channels onto a Chromebox

I got an HP Chromebox and when I go to the Play Store I see the Channels TV app for $25.

since I have the DVR subscription I was wondering how to add the app without an additional purchase.

never mind.

I found the link.

1 Like

I guess Channels does not work on a Chromebox.

I tried to play a couple of recordings and one I got sound with a black screen. the other would not load at all.

edit: it is an HP Chromebox G2. Product No. 7LJ57UT#ABA

I haven't figured out which processor is in mine.

PROCESSOR FAMILY

7th Generation IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i3 processor (i3-7130U); 7th Generation IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i5 processor (i5-7200U, i5-7300U); 7th Generation IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i7 processor (i7-7600U); 8th Generation IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i7 processor (i7-8650U); IntelĀ® CeleronĀ® processor

FORM FACTOR

Mini

MEMORY SLOTS

2 SODIMM

GRAPHICS

Integrated IntelĀ® HD Graphics 610; IntelĀ® HD Graphics 620; IntelĀ® UHD Graphics 620 Integrated graphics will depend on processor.

Under Settings > Playback > Advanced > Video Driver: Software

Settings > Playback > Advanced > Video Decoder: Software

thanks, I can play recordings now.

I'm still playing with it but some things that I have noticed so far.

I can only time advance once by moving the time index. (I'm using a mouse, not a touch screen)

additional tries, I get mixed results. also, the current time index only moves once with the first move. additional tries will not move the time index.

too many tries it will either restart from the beginning or exit. a replay may get a playback error message.

FYI I'm not really planning on regularly using the Chromebox for Channels so these problems are not a primary concern for me. I have not been able to access my Synology NAS through the Chrome browser and I had hoped to access Channels DVR that way, but that is a Chromebox issue not Channels.