Local Content Closed Caption

Sure, hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

I guess one way to check would be to see how mpv handles your imported movies; if it has no problem displaying the embedded subtitles of your movies, then chances are Channels won't have a problem either. Of course, if mpv can't handle your subtitles, chances are that Channels can't either.

(mpv is the video player that Channels uses for their clients, which is why I suggested it to test your media.)

Please try the latest TestFlight beta, it should show subtitles on that movie.

Would a search function for subtitles be something that is possible in channels? I have a hearing impaired person in my household and I’d prefer to use the Channels App rather than Plex. The interface is easier to navigate for older people.

Since the quality of internet sourced subtitles can't be verified, and that the timing/display of the subtitles is dependent upon the source and encoding of the imported movie, such an option would be a crapshoot at best, and a hinderance at worst.

(Having used the requested feature in both Plex and Kodi, the results returned are of such varying quality and only seem to be correct less than half the time. If subtitles are important, I would recommend sourcing them yourself, verifying them with a separate media player, and then remuxing them into your video container.

Of course, the imported movies are hardly ready for general use, and this feature may undergo many further iterations. Requests are never invalid, but I think there are additional considerations to be made.)

It is possible but not a priority at the moment. The imports feature is in beta and there are more pressing priorities.

Ok thanks

Confirmed, it’s fixed. Thanks again for your excellent support!

1 Like

I will agree. Even when I do not get the results I want for a feature request. The support is still excellent.

See BETA: Imported Content Extras (Trailers & Subtitles)