Local content playback on WiFi

Does it only happen on the high bitrate (~60mbps) HEVC recordings?

What about lower bitrate or non-HEVC recordings?

Does it stutter when you play the hevc video straight from the library instead of a virtual channel? Have you tried experimental video driver on the client?

You should be getting WAY more than this. On the same local network i would expect 300-400 mbit to CDVR over 5GHz.

Yep without the client even trying hard, sitting by my pool.

Yes

Nope

It jumps around between 200 mbps and 300 mbps. I could mess with the power and band settings on the AP but that should be fast enough for a 60mbps stream right? Plus it doesn’t seem like it’s a bandwidth problem. See my earlier comment where it buffered in exactly the same way with a 700 mbps connection to the orbi.

Yes

There’s no experimental video driver. I’m using the default video driver.

Okay, I recorded a new 4k video at 30fps with my iPhone which is only 30mbps, still buffers in exactly the same way, and plays back rotated. Unless I use the legacy video driver, in which case it just buffers.

Plex plays it back (direct stream) fine over the same WiFi connection.

Channels plays vbr h264 videos fine over WiFi even when it approaches 30mbps.

Also plays back fine with VLC from SMB, same E: drive, over WiFi. Between that and the Plex test, pretty sure this cements it as a channels unique issue playing back certain videos recorded with iPhone, over WiFi.