Local HDHR not found when connected to remote DVR server

I'm holding off updating to 20221031. Still on 20220822.

I've tried on a different network with another HDHR present at that network, and again the HDHR is not discovered when Channels is connected to a remote server. I've submitted diagnostics from the app. Hopefully the devs can take a look at it.

Please go into the Settings on the iPhone and enable Local Network for the Channels app.

It's always been enabled. I've tried turning off and back on, but the app still won't find the HDHR.

Please submit diagnostics again after you confirmed it was enabled.

Done.

Can you estimate the last time this worked? The discovery logic has not changed in quite some time. I'm having trouble seeing an obvious issue in the logs that indicates what is causing this and why I am having trouble replicating it.

I think it stopped working a little over a week ago. Maybe two weeks, not more than that. Sometime during that period, I upgraded the HDHR firmware to 2022-10-31 at one of the locations. The other one is still at 2022-08-22.

1 Like

Can you try this build and see how it works for you?

Please submit diagnostics again with this build.

Still not working. Diagnostics submitted.

1 Like

Could you try the latest Testflight beta and submit diagnostics?

Submitted. Still no tuner found.

Please go to your Client Settings in your DVR and disable Server Side Only > Sources to resolve this.

Ok, fixed now. I never enabled that setting, is that a new thing?

It's a relatively new feature, but I don't believe there's a way it could have been enabled without your interaction.

Then I might have been playing around with the server a little too much. Thanks a lot for your help.

No problem. In evaluating the behavior here, we've realized that this setting shouldn't impact HDHomeRun's that the DVR doesn't have registered. I'm working on a change here to improve how this works.

You now should be able to see local HDHR's even when this setting is enabled.

1 Like

:+1: Makes total sense now. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.