Localized pricing?

Any chance of localized pricing in the future? channels is $8 a month which should be around ~£6.20, however, after bad exchange rates, a fixed and % fee all from my bank, it comes closer to ~£7.30.

3rd world problems - I get it, but would be nice.

Consider the opposite direction. Channels is US and uses US Dollars. If you subscribed in your native currency then the costs of exchange rates, fees (Nothing PayPal loves more than fees, fees, fees and exchange rates that are worse than any bank with percentage points shaved off as another hidden fee) would have to be eaten by Channels. That ~£6.20 would end up being effectively ~£4.20 to Channels.

1 Like

Bro, I don't think it's worth haggling for a couple of bucks. This app is worth it.

If you're looking for cheaper option, then look at schedules direct and the dvrs that uses that

2 Likes

Not sure where PayPal comes into this.

As I said. Third world problems. I have tried all the other solutions. channels is best. I'm happy to pay for it, but if channels can optimize that small amount there losing like others can, than that would be good for the future.

Payment processing for Channels is handled by Stripe, which is owned by PayPal.

I apparently stand corrected. (I don't recall where I remember hearing it, but I was misinformed.)

I thought PayPal was used as the processor. I see now that it is Stripe. The statements I made do not change.

I don't believe that is true. PayPal owns Braintree but not Stripe, AFAIK. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stripe,_Inc.

1 Like

It's 1%. CDVR could charge more (in GDP) and I'd still pay less. (10+% bank fee Vs 1% stripe fee). I appreciate it's a lot of extra effort for a few cents extra for them each transaction.

I don't expect this. I'm not saying I want this now. It's a suggestion.

1 Like