Locast and OTA

I have looked but through forum first. I have the following Sources in the order of Priority.

Locast (set to not use OTA number)
Tuner 1
Tuner 2
Pilo
Pluto
Stirr

Is this correct to use the OTA and Locast together thanks in advance for any tips guys

Since the guide is shared, it depends upon your intention.

If you only want to use your OTA for channels that are not available on Locast, or for passes where you specify a particular channel number, then yes.

If however you want to use Locast as a fallback for when your tuners can't get a lock, or are all in use, then Locast should be after your tuners.

(The numbering scheme chosen for Locast only affects how it appears in the guide, but otherwise serves no other purpose.)

thank you Perfect answer

Also, remember that priority order on clients is saved local for the client and used only for live viewing. Priority order on the DVR is for recording only. In light of this, what I used to do was put the client/live TV priority reversed from the recording/DVR priority, that way my preferred tuners were always more likely to be used for recordings, and the live clients would have less of a chance to impact a recording from a better quality tuner.

Not understanding. The only channels I get with locast showing is Nbc which I can't pick up with my antenna and the ones I have turned off.

Perhaps you could explain where you are lost. From your post it looks like you are already managing your source priority and channel availability, so this thread probably doesn't apply to you or give any further information.

Never mind. I guess if the station is OTA. It shows up on the bottom of the locast list. Are you saying if a OTA tuner isn't available it will default to Locast?

Only if Locast is below the OTA tuner in the priority list, and the same channel is available on both the OTA tuner and Locast. (Locast does not stream every channel that can be received OTA. In my area there are several channels that I can receive OTA that are not part of Locast's feeds.)