Locast Court Ruling

No. I am no longer paying rebroadcast fees through my cable company.

Actually I’m just jealous. One day soon people across the country will open their cable bills to find they’ve gone up —- again. They’ll scan furiously to find the reason and discover it’s a new fee … a LOG fee. They dash to their computers to google LOG Fee and find it’s the new “Lazy Old Guy” fee instituted by some nameless bureaucrat at the FCC. On that day you’ll know my ship has come in. But don’t expect me to spot you a few bucks just because I’m rich for no reason. I might sue you just for asking.

1 Like

"I hope directv and dish and other major carriers work out a deal with silicon dust to integrate tuners into their boxes — or something. "

When Dish was having broadcasting issues with my locals. They came and installed a rooftop antenna (very crappy one). It gave me my locals, integrated into dish TV guide. And saved me $10/month. It's not SD integration but did the same thing.

No, according to the article (and some prior to this announcement) it was a negotiated settlement, not a court order. The court only had the preliminary injunction and never got far enough in the process to issue any orders.