Locast Geolocation Issue

How is Channels determining location for LoCast? My market was just added, but it says my location "New haven" is not available. I'm in Sacramento/Modesto market... On Locast's website, it detects properly. How can I fix this?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Turn on remote access and try setting it up through my.channelsdvr.net

That worked! Thank you!

I had the same problem - I used the link, deleted the previous config for locast and redid. It then recognized the right location. Thank you!

1 Like

This doesn't appear to work any longer. My market (Raleigh) was just added, and viewing through locast.org is no issue. But attempting to add Locast as a source in the Channels DVR server setup first asks me to authorize location services, then no matter if I allow location or deny, Channels reports that the locast service is not available in Raleigh.

1 Like

The Raleigh market has not yet been added to Channels. New Locast markets must be manually added by the developers; they do not automatically appear.

Since this market only came online earlier today, a little patience is necessary for the new market area to be added.

You need the prerelease for Locast Raleigh

1 Like

As always, thanks for your prompt response! Indeed, the (lack of) prerelease was the issue.