Locast in orlando / how to add

Just received an email saying locast is now in the Orlando area. Now how when I go to add it as a source it tells me “not available in Orlando”, so how do I add it? Is this something the developers have to add?

Yes, I believe so. They are usually pretty quick with adding.

Yes its available but through the app yet :frowning: soon I hope :slight_smile:

We'll get it added today. Once we do, you'll need to update to the latest pre-release server.

how do I do that? Juts click on Update on web interface? thanks

Click and hold on the update button in the web ui

Thank you sir

Prerelease is available now.

Thank you, another question. Why does it tell me that “Your locast Account cannot be used to stream without interruptions in less you donate”. It would let me add it, do I have to donate to it before I can use it with channels? I can view it ok with their app. If I have to donate to them I have no issues with it. Just asking.

Yes you have to donate to them.

worth every dime too

1 Like

can you tell me how to update to pre-release? thanks

Check for Update > Prerelease

thanks

What is the pre release number, mine says up to date, buy not available in Orlando

Edit. I was able to update and get it. Still deciding if I want to donate

By interruptions do you mean it is ad supported ?

Yes, and no. Locast is a nonprofit, and relies upon donations. While their streams are free, they are regularly interrupted to insert advertisements and requests for donations. However, if the account viewing the stream has made a donation of $5/mo or greater, the streams have no interruptions.

It is the insertions/interruptions that make the Locast feeds incompatible with Channels. Therefore, a regular donation to Locast is required in order for it to be useable with Channels.

6 Likes

I would like to try Locast, so I updated to the pre-release. I added "source" LOCAST and a popup says that I can't watch uninterrupted unless I donate....I simply want to test it.... but I don't see anything in my Sources after signing in?

You have to donate ($5.00/month) to use Locast with Channels DVR. If you don't donate you can watch Locast with ads inserted asking for a donation on the web or their app.

YES, I know that... but I don't see it listed as a source after I enter the info...see image above.
Thanks