Locast issues in LA market

You should be able to use:

grep channels-dvr.log "Statistics for Court TV Trial"

to find it.

I've had some problems with grep and the Channels log in the past, as sometimes it reports that the log is a binary file and it won't operate on it. It's for that specific reason that I mentioned vi/vim.

no results when grepping channels-dvr.log for that phrase

Did you have this issue with other recordings as well?

no, it's just those two channels that i've noticed. i only did the recording based on the suggestion above to try a recording to see if that would generate further logs. those two subchannels on locast are the only ones i've noticed this happening on...

Do those play just fine from the locast website or app?

Could you go to the recording you sent me and select View Recording Log and zip that and send it to support? It will definitely be big.

yup, fine from both. also will play fine from the channels web UI, they only freeze in the android/fire stick app occasionally (not all the time, which makes it even more frustrating). recording is the one that freezes in both the app and the web UI.

i'll zip the log and send it over ASAP.

i can just grab the recording log file from the actual DVR directory and send it that way, right? i don't have to wait for the web to render it...

interestingly enough, right now it's playing fine on the locast website but not the locast app on my roku. on roku, that particular channel is pixelated...on the locast web UI, it plays but there's another audio track laid over top of it. i can hear the words that are going with the guys talking on screen, but very faintly.

that being said, there have been times over the past few weeks where the stream did in fact play perfectly in both locast app and web UI, and channels was still having issues with it. last night being one such time.

edit: it's happening right now, but with KTLA-DT2. locast web and roku app both play it fine, channels hangs...but the reverse of what was happening last night. channels hangs on the web app, but the fire tv app plays the stream fine.

this is incredibly frustrating. the seeming randomness of it makes it very tough to run this down (i'm a programmer by day, so i feel the pain here)...

Yes. It's under Logs/recording/ in your DVR directory.