Long time to respond to recording start, fast forward and rewind?

Setup: Multiple AppleTvs, all hardwired, WD PR2100 4 TB NAS for use with DVR, on Mac network. All has been operating fine for last couple years.

Logs uploaded this morning

When I start a recording or when within that recording I want to rewind or fast forward, or pause and then move to new time in the recording and then hit play, etc it takes a very long time for it to take action/respond, can be a couple minutes vs instantly like it used to be. Once it finally starts playing again all is ok, no stuttering, no issues whatsoever. Sometimes this is also true for live viewing as well when you fast forward or rewind within the buffer. Happens on all AppleTvs.

I pulled up the WD PR2100 settings, it reports perfect health of the RAID setup, I had it do a comprehensive scan that took a couple hours and it reported all is fine.

I have powered down and powered up all network devices and AppleTvs.

I checked all network cables end to end with meter, no issues.

No issues streaming on all other apps, no issues with cloud replay of recordings made with other streaming apps.

Thoughts ?

So last resort, i deleted the app and reinstalled. All is fine now, instantly responding to requests in recordings. Problem still a mystery but solved

1 Like