Losing all guide info

Just today my server has lost all guide info… it just sits trying to load the Guide info forever. It was was fine yesterday and I’ve made no configuration changes before this happened. I’ve checked the logs and it looks like some items aren’t running correctly when fetching XML info. I rebooted my NAS and it started working again, but then in less than 10 minutes, lost guide info again. I’m not really sure what to do or even what to look at first. Has anyone else into this before?

Yep. I just removed Pluto and everything started working. People have had success with using Maddox's container. I don't really find anything useful with the Pluto channels so I just got rid of them...

1 Like

I watch Pluto frequently. I was using @maddox container for a while and then switched to @jgomez177 @joagomez one a few weeks ago. Hadn’t had any problems before. I wonder if that’s part of it. I’ll try removing that source and see what happens.

I swapped back to the @maddox Pluto container and everything is stable again. Hate to report that there's something in the @jgomez177 @joagomez Pluto container that went haywire from Saturday into Sunday. It was bringing the whole guide system down. Hopefully he can figure out what the issue is since his container was able to pull in some of the newer Pluto channels like Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy.

I'm sure as soon as soon as they can get to it, they should be able to apply this fix:

It appears this is back to normal. No more panics. I did send logs to Channels for review. I would expect them to ignore bad characters instead of crashing the guide data for all sources. Still monitoring as I have time.

Yeah, the programs with the issue are no longer in the guide. Doesn't mean it can't happen again, though. The code will have to be updated to make sure it isn't an issue in the future.

I pulled the latest version of the container.
We will see what happens. Deleting it as a source did bring everything back online.

FYI unless it is fixed it can happen at any time with the next Pluto guide Update.

Unless it's been updated, pulling the latest version won't change anything.

1 Like

Thanks for all you do.
I willkeep an eye on it.