Losing channel lineup

I work for an enterprise grade VPN company, what exactly are you trying to do if you don't mind me asking? Regardless I would put your channels dvr on its own server if it were me. Just grab an old computer and put Linux on it and you are in business.

1 Like

Would this be a good solution?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-cloud-home-4tb-personal-cloud-white/5990204.p?skuId=5990204

I do some work in the ad industry that requires a very secure connection to the parties I'm doing the work for, hence the VPN need.

Keenan/Dev's:

If your goal is to run Channels outside a VPN, then PIA now implements split tunneling correctly to work with Channels' requirement for loopback/localhost. I had a similar issue with ExpressVPN (and it's an issue with almost all other consumer VPN's). I read a lot about this on other software forums and finally figured this out.

I have used this for several months now using what PIA calls "inverse split tunneling" where you only want specific traffic routed through the VPN (vs choosing traffic to run outside the VPN). Every major VPN supports this feature but they also bonk loopback, which Channels needs to access the server (running on the same machine).

I do not know if it would work the other way, although if the Dev's can let me know what else, other than Channels, I need to route outside the VPN, I can test it.

I ended up doing an end around the problem by just setting up my Nvidia Shield with an external device as the Channels server, I had forgotten that that was a possible solution and it has solved the problem.

That is good to know about the PIA loopback/localhost feature, something to keep in mind, thanks!