Lost fox via TVE

Does it work on fox.com/live ?

Altice One is getting rebranded to Optimum TV so it might be related to that. Try updating to prerelease

Thank you for replying. On the fox website Altice One is no longer a choice and Optimum TV is the choice as you say. My ID works on Optimum TV on their website.
However, I am running version 2022.08.04.1903 and when I check for pre-release it says up to date so I do not have anything I can update. In this version, for TVE login choices I only have Altice One or Optimum. Optimum fails for me while Altice One works except for Fox.

Same thing I’ve been experiencing with Directv Stream for the past month. This also is a problem for the Big Ten Network.

I think most of us has lost fox in the past month with almost all services. Just make sure when you try to re-detect the channel to connect to your server using https:// for the geo location purposes. Otherwise fox will not re-authenticate. Then uncheck your local channels beta check mark box and then re-check it. Hopefully it will come back for you as it did for me.

I’ve tried that as well, and it did not work for me. I’ve tried with several different browsers, on more than one computer, and even mobile. I get no login form found on the DVR each time. It’s not just local Fox for me though, it’s also BTN, and a few other Fox stations. It started with YTTV, which I dumped, and continued with DTV Stream. It wasn’t an issue on YTTV until I removed the provider and tried to add it back, which makes me think it has something to do with new authentications.

Has anyone tried this? Not sure if it fixes the Fox and BTN issue though.

Yes, I tried that, and still get the same error when I rescan, or uncheck/check locals via TVE, but that is also not my provider.

Does it work on fox.com/live? On that site what is the exact name of the provider on the list that you're picking?

It does work there, I select DirecTV Stream on that site

Also, when I go to https://www.foxsports.com/provider/register, which shows in the logs for these stations, it just keeps looping back to the same page, even after authenticating. It doesn’t seem to be using https://fox.com/live for this function, even though that URL works fine.

Thank you. This morning I finally had the option to update to the 8-07 pre release and after that I unchecked and rechecked the networks box and FOX came back.

Maybe your issue was related to the provider change. I just followed those steps as well, and still can't see the local Fox station, or a few other Fox stations. I tried removing the TVE source and adding it back, but still see this in the logs:

action=fox_station err="no login form found"

When you did this, you were using the https://my.channelsdvr.net URL?

No. I was using my local URL on my LAN. I only got fox back after I upgraded to the August 7 pre release.

OK, thanks. I just tried that as well, and it still gives me the same error. I also tried setting up a second DVR on another Windows 11 computer, and tried on a QNAP. Neither of those would login to those channels (Fox and BTN). I then tried a Windows 10 computer on a completely different network to make sure it wasn't something on my network causing this, with the exact same results.

Seems like there is some issue specific to DirecTV Stream going on, then.

You said the fox sports site also doesn't work for you, just keeps returning to the login page? Can you try contacting fox sports support or dtv stream support about this?

No, the foxsports.com/live url works fine too. It’s just when I go to the url in the DVR logs that it just keeps going back to the same page. Did that with YTTV too, which is why I switched providers. Well, that and I got tired of the auth breaking.

I just noticed that when I go to the Troubleshooting page, I don't see a Chrome version check. Is that normal on Windows 11? I know it was there at one point, when I went through the TVE Troubleshooting guide back on 7/5.

Submit diagnostics from the DVR

I just submitted these:

5b981057-0445-4900-bbc6-ea676620b959

I went ahead and removed the locals via TVE and added them back prior to submitting.

1 Like

Thanks. The fix will be available later today

1 Like