Lost Local Station

I have lost one of my local channels - KIRO 7 (CBS), out of Seattle. Prior to installing the latest HDHomeRun firmware update today, I received KIRO without any issues. I live in Olympia, which has a local transmitter for KIRO about 3 miles from my home. It should be the easiest channel to pickup.

My configuration is a Channel Master 4228HD, long range, over-the-air antenna, professionally installed with an 11.5 foot mast on my second story roof, an HDHomeRun Quatro, and Channels version 3.2.7 software running on an Apple TV 4 with tvOS 12.0.1. I’ve re-run the channel scan multiple times without any luck. The other local network channels come in fine, even though they are much further away. For example, I am getting KOMO 4 (ABC), KING 5 (NBC), and KCPQ 13 (FOX) which transmit from 50 miles away. Again, it worked flawlessly until I updated the HDHomeRun firmware today.

Here’s a link to tvfool.com for my area:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapp … f963140494

Any ideas on how to solve or troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated. I’ve tried everything I can think of.

This would be a question better-raised on the Silicon Dust forums, IMO.

I contacted Silicon Dust support and they were not really able to help. Fortunately, I turned the Apple TV on and fired up the Channels app a few minutes ago and KIRO magically appeared. Whatever the problem was, it repaired itself.

Thanks for the responses.

For future reference: Not support, forums. As in: Silicon Dust Forums

My impression of Silicon Dust support is they’re not very useful. But the forums generally are. (Providing you don’t write anything that offends their moderators’ tender sensibilities.)

Glad your problem sorted itself.