Lost My Local CBS Guide

I lost both ABC and CBS for my TVE source. I redownloaded the guide and was able to get ABC but still no CBS.

Any suggestions?

Are you running the latest DVR pre-release version?

Does your local CBS station show up as channel 6003 when you select Rescan Channels from the TVE Source gear dropdown in the DVR web UI?

Thank you. I thought I was on the latest but wasn't holding down the update button. After getting the latest version, I now see the CBS guide. I also see FOX which is new. Doesn't work but maybe some day.

You may find that FOX does work during primetime. Here in the Denver broadcast area, I also lost ABC guide data, and never had PBS guide data -- however updating to the latest pre-release fixed both, plus added FOX primetime guide data.

I'm also in the Denver area so that is good to know.

What provider are you using to get CBS via TV Everywhere? With my DirecTV credentials, I'm not seeing it -- even with the latest pre-release and a channel re-scan.

It will only work if you can watch on Live Stream TV Shows, Sports and News on CBS

I’m in Cincinnati and can watch CBS via the link above. It tunes into WKRC. But in channels, I’m only able to stream CBS - no guide data and no ability to record on account of the lack of guide data. Any way to solve this, or am I just out of luck?

Do you have “Local Networks via TV Everywhere” checked under the server settings>experimental.

Yes. My other locals work fine and CBS had provided guide data up until late last year.

Not sure what you mean by But in channels, I’m only able to stream CBS.
So you can stream WKRC in Channels?

What does it look like on your server when you select Manage Lineup on your TVE source.
Does the guide for channel 6003 map to WKRC on the right side?

If it's not showing a channel 6003, you need to make sure you're on the latest pre-release of Channels DVR and then toggle the checkmark for Local Networks via TV Everywhere

Note that using a browser outside your local network to do this, or using a VPN will cause issues with the local networks.

Yeah, I can stream WKRC in Channels. It’s mapped with the channel logo. I just have any empty guide for the channel. When football season comes around, for example, I won’t be able to record games on CBS.

I had used this in Bangkok, behind a VPN. But I’ve set up a new hard drive in the Rasberry Pi, here in Cincinnati, and can’t get the guide data.

WKRC logo?

Have you tried toggling the checkmark for Local Networks via TV Everywhere
That's the only way to scan the Locals. It must be done using a secure HTTPS browser connection and uses geo-location from the browser being used.

If you're on the latest pre-release and that doesn't work, I would submit diagnostics from the dvr so the devs can take a look.

You can also post a screenshot like I did above showing the guide mapping for your CBS channel 6003 and a screenshot of the grid guide from the dvr web UI showing the listing for CBS channel 6003.

I have toggled it in incognito mode and with the normal browser. I’m on the latest pre lease as well.

Appears the problem is with Channels mapping guide data to the non-existant station WKRCDT4
Which would be OTA channel 12.4
It should be mapping to station id 19606

{
    "type": "Full Power Broadcast",
    "name": "WKRCDT (WKRC-DT)",
    "callSign": "WKRCDT",
    "stationId": "19606",
    "affiliateId": "10098",
    "affiliateCallSign": "CBS",
    "bcastLangs": [
      "en"
    ],
    "preferredImage": {
      "uri": "https://tmsimg.fancybits.co/assets/s28711_ll_h15_ab.png?w=360&h=270",
      "height": "270",
      "width": "360",
      "primary": "true",
      "category": "Logo",
      "text": "",
      "tier": ""
    },
    "videoQuality": {
      "signalType": "Digital",
      "videoType": "HDTV",
      "truResolution": "HD 1080i"
    }
  }

Not station id 40549

{
    "type": "Full Power Broadcast",
    "name": "WKRC-DT4 31",
    "callSign": "WKRCDT4",
    "stationId": "40549",
    "affiliateId": "10098",
    "affiliateCallSign": "CBS",
    "bcastLangs": [
      "en"
    ],
    "preferredImage": {
      "uri": "https://tmsimg.fancybits.co/assets/s10098_ll_h15_ac.png?w=360&h=270",
      "height": "270",
      "width": "360",
      "primary": "true",
      "category": "Logo",
      "text": "",
      "tier": ""
    },
    "videoQuality": {
      "signalType": "Digital",
      "videoType": "HDTV",
      "truResolution": ""
    }
  }

Is there a way to resolve this?

One of the devs would have to answer that.
@tmm1 @maddox @eric

1 Like

Next build

2 Likes

Thanks for all the help.

Unfortunately, I’m now seeing WKRC, and can stream. But it’s not properly mapping to CBS according to “manage lineup” and there is no guide data.

@tmm1 @eric @maddox