Lost TVLand, CC, CMT, LOGO, MTV and PARAMOUNT

The value in Channels has ben kicking right along. I love the way you can add all these non-official supported projects and watch some good tv.
I have ADBTuner and Fubo project setup.
I keep Fubo just becuase of channels and the ability to get clean feeds of the locals and paramount stuff. If i were to cut costs, i would probably move to YTTV and use the setup but i don't like not having HlS streams of local channels.

Yes, this.

Amidst such turmoil in the media landscape now with so many different streaming sources, all competing for our attention on our TVs and home screens, one might even say with its adaptability, flexibility and customizability... we are seeing more and more increase of Channels DVR value.

2 Likes

Does YTTV not have your locals? I have mine set up as a fallback through ADBTuner.

The only way iwould even begin to think about YTTV at all would be if there was a setup that operates like Fubo to where we don't need their silly app.
don't care about video recordings of their system just give me signal and let me do what i want.
in this case use our totally nice Channels DVR.

My name is Hattie Goldade and I need internet please please please help

This is a Community forum for Channels DVR and clients.
How (and why) did you post here if you don't have Internet access?

Basically nothing coming in over TVE from Xfinity now, mostly only channels I had filtered out anyway.

Unfortunately, TVE is going away.
I've already moved on to another solution.

What would another solution be? Say for someone who is not very technological inclined.

Some discussion here:

1 Like

Thank you.

TVE = Television Evaporating

thanks, I was recalling that something had to be done so the channels (CNBC and such) had to appear in channels to allow us to create the stream link... I might be remembering that wrong.... if I may a parallel question..... from that discussion I have HBO and showtime showing on my grid perfectly with one exception the data source is HULU... is there a way to keep the grid (schedule as is) but when clicked it takes you to HBO or showtime via the HBO/showtime apps (in the same way the CNBC opens the NBC app and the cnbc channel with in that app?). i have tried to simply substitute hbo /show time but while I have other single channels that will take me to a series it wont basically take me to LIVE. we subscribe (one of the originals and last probably to Uverse)
here is what Hulu produces

this is what im using for perfect grid (schedule) to see what's on... but I can't directly access it

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="HBOFPHD" tvg-chno="5018" tvc-guide-stationid="59362",HBO Family West
hulu://watch/74e7af8e-4b1d-4094-8c29-cbe5cb88ebe4

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="HBOCHD" tvg-chno="5019" tvc-guide-stationid="59839",HBO Comedy
hulu://watch/9752ad78-5ac9-423e-af81-31770075b5c2

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="HBOCPHD" tvg-chno="5020" tvc-guide-stationid="59841",HBO Comedy West
hulu://watch/bfb0c7b6-a6d6-437f-b945-b67d5f0cd95e

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="HBOZHD" tvg-chno="5021" tvc-guide-stationid="59845",HBO Zone
hulu://watch/0f0b3126-e8bb-4954-a972-53bed529e77f

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="HBOZPHD" tvg-chno="5022" tvc-guide-stationid="59847",HBO Zone West
hulu://watch/1985733f-ef02-4b0d-910a-5a449602d683

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="SHOWHD" tvg-chno="5023" tvc-guide-stationid="21868",Showtime
hulu://watch/e148d9fb-bf14-4416-bf2c-358dfaccb424

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="SHOWHD" tvg-chno="1.4" tvc-guide-stationid="21868",Showtime
showtime://watch/e148d9fb-bf14-4416-bf2c-358dfaccb424

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="SHOWHDP" tvg-chno="5024" tvc-guide-stationid="22532",Showtime West
hulu://watch/6aa76d95-7648-426f-9bee-a74b43e9e603

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="SHO2HD" tvg-chno="5025" tvc-guide-stationid="58533",Showtime 2
hulu://watch/8cb68d8a-1848-4f47-8f5b-8b7398997962

any tips or pointing me right direction would be greatly appreciated on how to modify the script to allow for channels to open directly whatever is on live in the appropriate app. even if its the UVERSE app?????

Can someone give me an example, I have Philo, paramount+ and hbomax, how would I configure a STRMLNK in custom channels to launch the app from the guide. TVLand is on Philo, so I would like a guide for TVLand and when I select the show it goes and opens Philo.

Comedy Central channel 6011 no longer appears in the lineup. I have Spectrum, and I can watch it on Spectrum's streaming platform, as well as directly with Paramount and provider authentication. I have version 2024.07.19.1553 installed, and I've tried rescanning...

I believe the Paramount Based channels are no longer available via TVE for any provider. I still get them through FuboTV Project and others pull in via ADB Tuner or Chrome Capture. May be other ways as well, but those are the ones I believe are still active that allow you to pull into Channels.

Confirmed:

2 Likes

That's correct, the Paramount channels don't work anymore with TV Everywhere so they were removed recently.

1 Like

Crome capture works: BETA: Chrome Capture for Channels - Playground / Hacks - Channels Community (getchannels.com)

I added this to the configuration I'm using to record MSNBC:

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="CCHDP", Comedy Central
chrome://localhost:5589/stream?url=https://watch.spectrum.net/livetv?tmsid=0545

wbdstreaming:// Will open the Max app unfortunately that’s the best I can do for you.