Magnolia Network 403 error

Getting a 403:Not permitted to watch channel (access denied by partner) error on Magnolia Network tonight. All other Discovery networks are working fine. Updated to prerelease, but no luck. Any ideas?

Same here. Provider is Xfinity if it matters.
I have two Channels DVR servers (2022.03.23.2052) with a tve source and both had the error today.

Repeated with retry wait time doubling until the recording was to end on both servers

2022/03/24 13:30:01.005637 [DVR] Starting job 1648153801-ch6108 Canary DIY Recording on ch=[6108]
2022/03/24 13:30:01.423981 [TVE] action=science_stream error={[{access.denied.by.partner Not permitted to watch channel 403}] {{[]}}}
2022/03/24 13:30:01.501844 [ERR] Failed to start stream on channel 6108 via TVE-Comcast_SSO: TVE: 403: Not permitted to watch channel (access.denied.by.partner)
2022/03/24 13:30:01.501928 [DVR] Error running job 1648153801-ch6108 Canary DIY Recording: could not start stream on channels=[6108]: TVE: 403: Not permitted to watch channel (access.denied.by.partner)
2022/03/24 13:39:40.883048 [DVR] Starting job 1648153801-ch6108 Canary DIY Recording on ch=[6108]
2022/03/24 13:39:41.261857 [TVE] action=science_stream error={[{access.denied.by.partner Not permitted to watch channel 403}] {{[]}}}
2022/03/24 13:39:41.321423 [ERR] Failed to start stream on channel 6108 via TVE-Comcast_SSO: TVE: 403: Not permitted to watch channel (access.denied.by.partner)
2022/03/24 13:39:41.321501 [DVR] Error running job 1648153801-ch6108 Canary DIY Recording: could not start stream on channels=[6108]: TVE: 403: Not permitted to watch channel (access.denied.by.partner)

Just updated both of them to 2022.03.24.2122 to see if same error tomorrow, but don't think that release will fix it as after updating to it and updating password I still get the same error 403: Not permitted to watch channel

Logs have been submitted as 36b9b9f8-8abc-42f4-822c-ccc4de9388fd.

Same on Cox. The stream is working at https://watch.hgtv.com/channel/magnolia-network-preview-atve-us and on Cox's website. Tried a bunch of other Discovery-brand channels and they all seem fine.

1 Like

Looks like they move to magnolia.com/DIYNetwork and require discovery+

"Magnolia Network shows and workshops are only available with a discovery+ subscription."

Yep it is also dead in XFINITY ... Guess I have to do a full rescan to see what else was dropped from TVE.

Found this in FAQ ...
At this time, your cable or satellite provider credentials cannot be used to log in to discovery+ or the Magnolia app. You can also contact your cable or satellite provider for more ways to watch on the go.

I am seeing a live stream there, too, using my TVE credentials. Devs might need to redirect on that one...

1 Like

That worked also with XFINITY.

I have Vidgo, and I can watch the Magnolia Network using the Vidgo app on my Fire TV, but get the 403 error in Channels. Removed Vidgo from Channels and added it back in and the Magnolia Network (old DIY) is now gone.

Does the Magnolia Network have a TVE site? If I log into the HGTV go site (watch.HGTV.com), I can see the Magnolia Network shows.

I get Magnolia as a FIOS channel yet they discontinued it on TVE

you can also view it here https://go.discovery.com/channel/magnolia-network-preview-atve-us
and once you link provider you can select any of the other Discovery Network channels below the live video and it switches to that channel.

Same here with Directv credentials. But I can go to the website and watch there.

I had the same problem with a group of stations with FUBO. I deleted the provider and did a TVE rescan for FUBO. Logged in to one of the stations and they all worked. No more 403.

I'm able to go to the 'https://go.discovery.com/channel/magnolia-network-preview-atve-us or https://watch.hgtv.com/channel/magnolia-network-preview-atve-us' sites and log into it using my Vidgo credentials, and I'm able to watch Magnolia Network 'Live TV'.

So I deleted my provider, Vidgo, than added it back as my source, but neither the old DIY or the new Magnolia Network shows up when looking at the list of channels. I than updated my Channels DVR to the latest pre-release, and rescanned the channels for my Vidgo source and I can see the Magnolia/DIY channel (6108), but it is grayed out. Shows "403: Not permitted to watch channel ( access denied by partner)". Tried rescanning just that channel, but same results.

What needs to be done to get the Magnolia Network back so it shows up in the guide?

It appears the url to access the stream has changed.
This one also works https://go.discovery.com/live-now?network=magnolia-network and leads to the same page playing Live after linking provider.
There's nothing us users can do.
The devs would have to fix it in a new pre-release version of Channels DVR.
If it's even possible.

Do any of the Channels Developers like maddox or tmm1 monitor the Community on weekends?

Same for me, I've also lost TVE access to Food Network and HGTV.

They may be pushing us to go back to cable box rental. No way, get an additional HD Home Run and either antenna or cable card. Not that expensive.

Morris

I haven't lost those yet, but doesn't mean it's not coming.

@tmm1, it looks like Discovery Networks are changing their link locations again.

The owners of these networks just want you to subscribe to their streaming services. I guess eventually you will see more and more going to subscription and stop offering free access with provider credentials.

It's cable v2 and will go through the same consolidations and they have already started. I watch a mix of cable and streaming and have pretty much avoided price hikes by refusing cable contracts and limiting streaming services.