Manually add recordings?

Hi

I have a few recordings from Plex that I’d like to add to Channels (just to keep all recordings together), is there a way to do this manually?

Thanks

There is currently no way to import recordings into Channels DVR, as it was designed to be a DVR and not a general purpose media library.

Thought as much. Thanks anyway.

It certainly would be a useful feature. I’m slowly getting my mother-in-law to see the benefits of cord cutting. Channels had made it possible but she’s slow to not interested in using other apps when the DVR fails to record her shows for one technical reason or another. It would be great to be able use PlayOn to “DVR” Hulu streams but import them into Channels DVR for easy Apple tvOS access.

Honestly, I just want to migrate my Plex DVR recordings over. If the Channels database were something like a sqlite3 DB then it’d be trivial to whip up something to manually import them (and do other things).

Any chance of migrating the database files to something hackable like sqlite3?

Don’t know why but I didn’t think about using VLC. I can get to all recording easily enough from there. It isn’t one simple place like my mother-in-law would like but this is all good training for her.

A lot of users around here also really like Infuse