Manually schedule a recording?

I see an older thread about this but no resolution at the end of it.

I want to record special programming for 8 hours on one channel. Obviously, the guide isn’t going to have this special 8 hour program. Is there a way to just tell the DVR to record a specific channel from “8am to 4pm?”

1 Like

I also really want this feature. Currently the best workaround I’ve come up with is extending a normal recording, but that only allows for an additional 120 minutes/2 hours after a program’s scheduled end time.

Well.... I don’t think it’s going to be added in the next two hours so I had to fire up good ol’ trusty Windows Media Center to step up to the plate and knock this one out of the park.

There is sort of a way to do it with an Advanced Pass. I set it to the channel I want, then I pick a time I know will match something in the guide like 12:00 PM or 8:00 PM, then set the padding values to go up to 5 hours in either direction. I know it's a little clumsy and I don't know if this can help in your scenario, but I don't know a better way.

Screen%20Shot

2 Likes

@Nysebull

That works! I completely forgot about the web GUI. I was trying to do it through my phone.