Marathon detection

This would be what I would call a "Friday before a Holiday" programming project ...

Detect series "marathons" - when a large number of episodes are shown back to back, and an option to record just that marathon.

This sounds useless because would you already be watching that program? The use case I have is when a "Planet of the Apes" marathon, the original movies with Roddy McDowell, was broadcast and I missed it. Sometimes these programs are not regularly broadcast except during a marathon.

The feature would run through the guide data, identifying sequences of more than N episodes back-to-back and present a list of what it found. I don't know how it would have found the Planet of the Apes marathon, so that was a bad example. Each identified Marathon would have a "Record" button to cause the marathon to be recorded - possibly a Pass that is given high priority and flagged as a "Marathon Pass" for easy manual deletion, or individual entries for each episode. Notice would be given for episodes that are in conflict with other programs.