Mark as Unwatched?

I record the Today Show every morning, and start watching when I make my breakfast. I'll usually get about 15-20 mins in and stop to go to my office to work. When my husband gets up a little later, I want it to always start off from the beginning for him, but I can't find a "Mark as Unwatched" option, just as "watched". So I started just rewinding all the way, pausing for a minute, and closing the stream. Sometimes have to do it twice. I know he can hit the "start from beginning" button, but it's inconvenient, and often he'll already be walking away from the remote at that point. Am I missing something? Is there a way to mark a show as unwatched? If not, I'd love it to be added as a new feature.

You can do it on the server.

So I guess your request is to be able to do it on a client. Makes sense.

Voted. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: actually, I can see it on a client.

However, this is for an episode that has been watched to the end. So maybe you have to watch it to a certain point (maybe at least 75% ?) so the option to mark Unwatched appears on the client? Not sure.

Mark as Unwatched only shows as an option if the show is completely watched, otherwise it shows a Mark as Watched button.

What you can do is, mark it as watched, and then mark it as unwatched

Oh awesome - thanks for this tip!

Edit - I'm moving this to the iOS area since I just realized this morning that I think this is a problem with the iPad app. I can mark a show as watched on the iPad, but that option does NOT turn into Mark as Unwatched - it just stays as Mark as Watched.

Which version of app and OS

iPad OS 17.4.1, App version 5.8.1

Can you explain where and how you’re seeing the option. This is available in a LOT of views in the app.

I have an idea of why it’s doing this but need to know where you’re seeing it.

It happens when you long press on the show and pick it from the pop-up menu. Heres' a quick video in which I'm tapping Mark as Watched each time:

Every time you mark an episode as watched, Up Next is updating. It is replacing the last Today recording with the next watchable Today recording, which is unwatched.

You can see in the video that your watch count is continuously going down on the Today show group under Recently Updated.

1 Like