Mark watched when in virtual channel

It would be nice if a title was marked as watched automatically when I watch a significant portion of it in a virtual channel. Especially if I have a rule in a virtual channel to exclude watched titles. Then I could only have stuff I haven’t watched pop up there.

This is an interesting request.

By definition, a virtual channel is supposed to simulate a live TV channel.
There are only two things you can do with a live TV channel: either watch it or record it.
In this case, since you already own the "recordings", that only leaves watching the channel. As a bonus, you can even restart watching from the beginning.

For this reason, I would say that the developers won't be willing to implement this feature.
We'll see what they have to say.

1 Like

Yes, there no plans to have Virtual Channels effect watch state.

1 Like

It would also be nice to have movies watched partially on a virtual channel populate to the continue watching section.

Using a Playlist may be what you're looking for. You can define rules and it does impact watch state.

1 Like

I do use playlists sometimes for a similar purpose. But there’s something about the channels showing up in my guide with a random episode that just hits different than shuffling a playlist.