Maybe it's just my m3u?

Does anyone else have stuttering with m3u's?

I tried an IPTV service, stuttered.

I tried remapping my TVE channels as an m3u, stuttered.

Regular TVE works.
Regular hdhomerun works.

Seems like however the m3u's play is the issue, no?

I have one Channels-DVR "Server" (main). I have 3 instances of Channels-DVR, one for each member of the household. All three user instances of Channels-DVR use m3u's to connect back to the the main server without issue.

Something else must be going on. Can you post one of the channel configurations from the m3u?

1 Like

Pretty basic I think...

The only difference I see from how mine is setup is the missing format=ts on the URL:

http://x.x.x.x:8089/devices/ANY/channels/6030/stream.mpg?format=ts

The stream.mpg implies MPEG-TS, so the additional query string is unnecessary.

@CircusBrain, your playlist looks pretty similar to how I have my channel redirects handled, and don't notice any lags. So, I think this might be more hardware/network related than a configuration issue within Channels.

I also have this set up and don't experience any lagging.

4 MiBox S's are my local clients and whether they're wireless, or wired through a USB/Ethernet NIC I get about 150mb/s up/down and no issues connecting to the server. I'm using the "original" setting for streaming quality and have tried setting the server to hardware / software and all 3 modes on the clients, nothing seems to make a difference although, with MiBox on Android 9, connecting to the HDHR, Channels Client HAS to be set to Software because of the MPEG2 codec bug they introduced.

Aight, so... I switched everything to software encoding and such and so far so good, maybe it's the mibox's just sucking...