Memphis WMC stations 5 issues

Not sure where to ask this. Anyone live in the Memphis, TN area? In the last few weeks Channel 5 has been messed up. It works a little, then gets digitize and fails. Happens on 5.1 to 5.5. It was working great unto about a month ago. Channel 5 announced they were upgrading the antenna. I could buy another attic antenna but this is the only set of channels.
This occurs on the HDR 4 port tuner as well.
Anyone else experiencing this in this area?

What does your signal strength and signal quality look like?

Looks like they're licensed for and using rf low-vhf channel 5, but have a construction permit to move to rf channel 30 (uhf).
https://www.rabbitears.info/tvq.php?request=items&facid=19184
https://www.rabbitears.info/market.php?request=station_search&callsign=19184
One of the experts here ( like @kyl416 ) that can interpret the FCC data may be able to tell you more.

Is your antenna designed for low-vhf reception?

3 Likes

They're at reduced power and height right now until they finish replacing their VHF antenna and transmitter with a UHF one.

4 Likes

At the moment 50 - 60 %, used to be 90-100%. Out of all the local stations ch5 was a little lower than the rest. The, acceptable viewing 90%. Only dropped a little in the rain.

Good info. I did not Channel 3 moved to channel 28 and they are at 100%. Hopefully ch5 will get it together soon. Thank you for the links.

I was very near Memphis a few months back. I was able to get them on a TLM channel (RF 14) WTME-LD. Try seeing if that will lock. Virtual channel 5.10.

I will take a look. I have looked at channel 14 in the past but the signal was low. Plus I thought it was all Spanish.

And given the below description it may have the same issues as CH5.

WTME-LD (channel 14) is a low-power television station serving Memphis, Tennessee, United States, as an affiliate of the Spanish-language network Telemundo. It is nominally licensed to Bruce, Mississippi, although its signal does not reach that area. WTME-LD is owned by Gray Television alongside NBC affiliate WMC-TV (channel 5). The two stations share studios on Union Avenue in midtown Memphis; WTME-LD's transmitter is located on Raleigh-LaGrange Road on the city's northeast side.