Metadata import?

Looks like there has been some talk about .nfo import in the past, but apparently nothing came out of it. I have a Jellyfin server I'd like to retire, but more than a thousand episodes with nicely curated metadata say no.

Is it really that hard to add at least rudimentary .nfo import or similar? Claude can probably whip up the basics in a few minutes.

Technically, modifying metadata in Channels isn't that difficult, just need to know where to hit with POST statements and the layout of the JSON. This is something I will eventually work on for SLM because I already do this for Stream Links/Files, just need to make a bunch of changes to be able to affect everything else.

I've added to the request the ability to import the metadata from .nfo files. This all said, probably not working on this anytime soon. But if you are looking for the code about how to do the posting, it already exists openly in the repository.