MetroNet Fiber TV (no CableCARD offered)

I stand corrected, chastised and EMBARRASSED

:hot_face:

Ron, I sincerely apologize. I am very sorry for the childish behaviour on my part and obvious lack of knowledge.

Debbie

1 Like

Absolutely no need, Debbie! I learned a lot in this thread!

In the end, I did a little research and even though Metronet Internet and TV are cheaper than Xfinity, I would lose my discount on Xfinity Mobile, so the net would be more expensive!

1 Like

Ron,

I agree, free Xfinity Mobile is a great perk!. We use it here also.

Do you have to pay a fee or do you get free also. When we joined we also added a new phone (24 mo no interest) so Iā€™ve been wondering if free base status will change at completion.

Debbie

We're coming up on two years in January. We got new phones as well when we switched. We're on the By The Gig plan since we're not heavy data users, so we only pay for usage if we go above 1G, which isn't too common. I haven't seen anything that says that they are going to discontinue the free line fees for Xfinity customers, but I did notice that the By The gig plans now have three tiers, 1G, 3G and 10G, and the 1G plan is automatically $12/month even if you use less than 1G.

1 Like

The MetroNet installation team is on my city block this week installing the underground fiber optic cables, so I decided to contact a sales rep. Here's what I found out so far.

My current cable provider (Mediacom) has data caps on all of their internet packages but MetroNet said they do not have data caps. It is truly unlimited.

When asked if I had to rent a stb they said one is required for each tv you want working. I started filling out the application and can confirm it would not let me continue until I selected at least 1 stb.

1 Like

Most providers make you select an STB during sign up, but usually you can return it.

1 Like

I have MetroNet since early summer as they finally arrived in our subdivision. Why not sign up with a OTA provider like PS Vue or Youtube TV and use TVE with that provider? It'll most likely be cheaper than MetroNet's TV offering.

By the way, you'll need to request a static IP (MetroNet uses CGNAT) if you want to access Channels DVR remotely.

2 Likes