Metv toons

43.4 WZME - Bridgeport shows as 480 on Rabbit Ears but it is coming through OTA as 720p.

I noticed that and set things to record because of that as well…LOVE IT! Thanks again to the person who helps keep the FrndlyTV for channels python thing updated!!!! It’s a clearer picture than I can get OTA

1 Like

How do you manually map OTA station in web based (pc) channels (not docker)? Screen shots very helpful.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

I watched a little of it this morning: hadn't seen an episode of "Tennessee Tuxedo" in a long, long time. I forgot that it has some science education in there.

1 Like

Phineas J. Whoopee you're the greatest!

1 Like

The same way you would map any station:

The only difference is if there is already a mapped station, you might need to click the image button instead of the image one.

1 Like

What if MeTV Toons doesn’t show up on the list? Is there a way to manually force it?

ok had I followed the directions TO THE LETTER (my bad) it worked FANTASTICALLY Thank you so much babsonnexus! I just had to be a little more patient during the search... then boom there it was.

Now if MeTV+ would just go over there air for me..... thank you!!!

The frndly container is much better than any of the subchannel ota feeds. The resoution and bitrate and MUCH higher with frndly. The only slight annoyance is the mode switching from 29.97 to 30fps when i view any of thier content . I sent them a msg and asked if they would ever consider switching to 29.97fps and it was if i was speaking greek.

1 Like

I'm wondering if @kyl416 would know anything about the feed that is provided to Frndly TV compared to OTA feeds that are mostly 480i.

Does Frndly TV really have a 720p feed to start or do they upscale it?

The network originates as a 720p feed. Several OTA affiliates like WZME in the NYC area have it in HD.

2 Likes

Use Search All Lineups like babsonnexus shows in the post immediately above yours.

1 Like

I did that but the guide is off by 3 hours

Is the time correct on your DVR server and is it set to the correct time zone?
Which OTA channel is it on (CALLSIGN and CHANNEL#)

1 Like

They probably get the west coast feed which currently doesn't have a seperate network entry on Gracenote. Try using the Los Angeles station KSFVCD (83147) and see if their schedule matches what your local station is airing.

1 Like

The time zone is correct, (Only the MeTV TOONS channel has the guide in the wrong time zone.) The call sign should be KMAXDT6, but that gives me the Telemundo guide not MeTV Toons. Its on Channel 31.6 OTA

I think that did it. Thanks

Ahh, gracenote hasn't updated their listing for 31.6 yet

{
    "type": "Full Power Broadcast",
    "name": "KMAX-DT6",
    "callSign": "KMAXDT6",
    "stationId": "123221",
    "affiliateId": "10239",
    "affiliateCallSign": "TELE",
    "bcastLangs": ["es"],
    "videoQuality": {"signalType": "Digital","videoType": "SDTV","truResolution": ""}
  },

And zap2it.com doesn't even show 31.6

There is no guide info yet for my local broadcast of MeTVToons - shows as "no guide data" for the HDHomeRun. Fortunately, ChannelsDVR comes through once again and I am able to map to METOONS.

Metoons 29.8 OTA Portland Or. in HDHomeRun has guide data.....

1 Like