I have built me a new home machine and I'm going to repurpose my old machine as an ESXI server for lab/home development. I have integrated graphics on the old board and my processor is old enough it doesn't support VT-D so I'm presuming that hardware acceleration will be unavailable (is this correct), which is ok at this point. I'm moving from a windows 10 box, the new setup will be a Debian 10 server running as a VM on the ESXI host. I presume the process will look like this:
- In the live server, run a database backup.
- Shut the server down.
- Copy the existing data directory to the new server (DB, Images, Logs, Movies, and Recordings folders)
- Install Channels on the new server per the install guide.
- Go to http://serverip:8089/restore and restore the database backup.
- Reboot the server.
- Change any port forwards in my router and ensure things are working.
I presume channels will automatically install any dependencies such as comskip/ffmpeg/etc?
Did I miss anything there?