Missed Recordings

Ive been frequently missing recordings. Cant figure out why. In my log it shows the following:

2017/10/17 23:04:15 [DVR] Skipping job because program already started 1508295590-6 The Mick

This is running on a MacBook with High Sierra. Anything else that would help with troubleshooting? I do have a small padding at the start and end of the show.

This usually occurs when the mac isn’t waking up automatically for the recordings.

Can you open Terminal.app and run these commands. Copy/paste all the output (including what you typed) and paste it back here. The second command will ask for your password.

ls -alh /etc/sudoers.d
sudo ls -alh /etc/sudoers

Last login: Mon Oct 16 12:34:30 on console
KoopaMediaServer:~ xxxxxx$ ls -alh /etc/sudoers.d
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 64B Jul 15 17:04 .
drwxr-xr-x 89 root wheel 2.8K Oct 16 10:53 …
KoopaMediaServer:~ xxxxxx$ sudo ls -alh /etc/sudoers
Password:
-r–r----- 1 root wheel 1.5K Jul 15 17:04 /etc/sudoers
KoopaMediaServer:~ xxxxxx$

Also it recorded the show directly after it just fine. I wasn’t on the machine so it would have had to woken up on its own the second time. For what its worth its a Mid-2010 MacBook Pro and while it has wakeup for network options they differ slightly than newer MacBooks. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Seems like you didn’t select the Auto-Wake option when you installed the DVR, so it’s not waking up to make recordings. The installer had a prompt and then if you said Yes it should have asked for your password. Do you recall if this happened?

To setup the auto-wake support, run this command and enter your password when it asks:

~/Library/Application\ Support/ChannelsDVR/install.sh --wake-helper

It didn’t prompt me. Hmmm

The install actually hung right at the end so if it’s the last step that may be why.

Thank you! Your support is the absolute best.