Missing a channel on Channels DVR but it's on Plex

I have an HDHomeRun DUAL. On my Plex app, when I import the channels, I can see more channels than I can see on my Channels app. Most I don't care about but I can't see FOX. I am ok working around it and recording things with Plex but Channels is just so much better. I was wondering if there was a way to help/force Channels DVR pick up channels that it can't see but are there.

I did try Local Networks via TV Everywhere but it only gave me CBS and ABC.

The HDHR Web page should show you what Channels are enabled and disabled ... You should be able to get FOX via the HDHR unit.

FOX and NBC do not support TVE.

For HDHomerun DUAL, assuming you are referencing you have a OTA signal you are pulling into Plex and CDVR?

Assuming you see the Fox Channel in your HDHomerun list of channels? Typically whatever is showing up in that shows up on Channels.

Also make sure that in your HDHomerun list of channels, FOX isn't disabled (perhaps Plex ignores while CDVR inherits the flags). here's mine (43.1 is my Fox channel):

Yeah I can't even see it to enable or disable it. On CDVR it just goes from 11.3 to 14.3 whereas on Plex it has like 6 channels that CDVR can't even see.

You will need to run a channel scan from the HDHomeRun software on windows, or via the Channels for HDHomeRun app on iphone/appletv

1 Like

Yep you guys are amazing!! Got it. It had just worked so easy when I got it running with Plex that I have never even downloaded the HDHR app. Thank you so much!