Missing or wrong metadata artwork for local movie library

After some troubleshooting with Aman to determine that directory structures with symbolic links are not supported, I was able to successfully import my local movie library, which has the following structure (guided by other community posts, and Plex naming convention):

/Movies
/Movie Name (year)
Movie Name (year).mpg

DVR server version is: 2021.01.15.1649, running on a QNAP NAS.

There are only a handful of movies that did not import with proper metadata. I did verify the naming on both IMDB and TMDB to be correct. I also tried appending to the directory name and filename additional metadata in the form {[source]-[id]}. I tried first TMDB, and then performed a [Prune Deleted] followed by [Scan Sources] maintenance actions in Channels Settings, then tried IMDB and followed the same maintenance procedure. None dereference metadata. I can see a SCN log event showing the updated name of the directory/file being imported.

Also, from what I can tell, no local poster art will be imported. I have tried Folder.jpg and Poster.jpg in the same directory as each movie. Please advise if there is a means to leverage local poster art or even a JSON or XML file with metadata. I don't see this documented anywhere, but may have missed it.

These specific movies in my library are not showing any metadata being pulled when I name directory/file as outlined above without imdb or tmdb hint, or even if I do specify the specific ID for imdb or tmdb. All other movies with no imdb or tmdb hints are pulled correctly into the library. Note that when I search either IMDB or TMDB with the exact string, the correct movie is found.

/Movies
/8 Mile (2002)
8 Mile (2002) {tmdb-65}.mpg

8 Mile (2002) {imdb-tt0298203}

For each of the movies, I tried 3 names, and none work.

17 Again (2009)
17 Again (2009) {tmdb-16996}
17 Again (2009) {imdb-tt0974661}

Best of the Chris Rock Show - Volume 1 (1999)
Best of the Chris Rock Show - Volume 1 (1999) {tmdb-711927}
Best of the Chris Rock Show - Volume 1 (1999) {imdb-tt0500094}

I, Robot (2004)
I, Robot (2004) {tmdb-2048}
I, Robot (2004) (imdb-tt0298203}

X-Men (2000)
X-Men (2000) {tmdb-36657}
X-Men (2000) {imdb-tt0120903}

Die Hard - Live Free or Die Hard (2007)
Die Hard - Live Free or Die Hard (2007) {tmdb-1571}
Die Hard - Live Free or Die Hard (2007) (imdb-tt0337978}

This Die Hard one actually matches/pulls wrong movie metadata for "Live Free or Die (2006)"

This is not something I've heard of before. Are there other media centers that read such formats from file names?

In Channels you simply need to find the recording and select Fix Incorrect Match to look up the correct entry:

https://getchannels.com/docs/channels-dvr-server/how-to/local-content/#fix-incorrect-match

I hadn't heard of this convention either, but read it in the Plex movie naming convention guide so figured I'd give it a shot =)

Naming and organizing your Movie files | Plex Support

Thanks for the pointer, I'll go do that!
P.S. the support is light speed fast!

It looks like the search is not bringing up some of your movies, which is part of a known issue we're looking into. So thanks for the examples!

Yup, I can see that search is not able to find any EXCEPT The Die Hard one when I only specify "Live Free or Die Hard". Let me know if I can send any logs or do any verification to help with that fix.

Also - is there a way I can NOT SHOW the recents (the first batch that requires I click show more) from Android TV app and rather go straight to the long list (alphabetical, etc.)? I know there is porting work happening for new features released to Apple TV, so looking forward to that!

yeah I have a number of items that fit this scenario. Example:2020 State of Origin Game 1
Its there in TMDB. The scanner doesn't pick it up as such nor shows up in the search for fix incorrect match