Missing PlayOn Recordings

I am missing some PlayOn recordings in Channels DVR, but the recordings are in the PlayOn TV folder. Please see my settings for Storage paths, etc. below. Shouldn't Channels DVR show all 3 seasons of episodes?

I think I may have messed something up when moving drives, but I am not sure where I went wrong. From what I can tell, all 3 seasons are there, but only the recently recorded Season 7 is showing up.

cdvr basic setup

cdvr library

cdvr pretty hard cases

Please submit diagnostics

Diagnostics are not working for me. I restarted the PC and Channels DVR, but still no luck. Is there something else I can do?

On a side note, I noticed that when I unchecked the Server Enabled check box, assigned the Channels DVR folder location and then re-check the Server Enable box, the system seems to hang. I see the system is 'scanning for new something or other" but there is no disk activity, shows can't be watched, and even the local admin dashboard is not accessible. It stays in that state for a long time. I didn't wait and see how long, I had to power cycle my computer and then re-start Channels. Not sure if this might be part of my problem.

2024/03/27 18:03:57.567557 [ERR] Diagnostics submission failed: Put "https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/diagnostics.channelsdvr.cloud/.....": context deadline exceeded (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)

Tried running diagnostics again and re-submitted the logs. It worked this time...

2af7a567-f9fa-4b73-8ddc-9edf065b6c88

So a quick update on this. I transferred the missing recordings for this show to my Personal Media import folder instead of the default Channels DVR Playon folder and it seems to be working now.

I hoping you can answer one more question for me. I know we can't take recordings that weren't recorded through Channels and put them into the Channels default folders, but can we do the opposite? In other words, could I transfer all my TV shows and Movies from the default CDVR storage path, to my imported TV shows and Movies? I will still keep the default location for new recordings, but will it cause any issues transferring all of my recordings to the import folder locations?

Yes, you could move them all to local content import directories and they will be scanned, but you might have to manually match some.

Why would you want to do that?

If you need to make room, you can move them to a secondary storage location, and they will maintain everything, metadata, commercial markers, watched state, etc.
Choose an additional storage directory for recordings

If your main DVR drive is filling up, you can move existing recording folders over to a new drive and add that as an additional storage path.

Settings > General > Library Database > Storage Paths

Note that new recordings will still be created on the primary DVR storage drive. Old recordings can be manually moved over, and will automatically play from the secondary drive if the video is not found on the main drive.

I am not running out of space, I am transitioning everything to my NAS. When I copied my CDVR files over to my NAS, I think I copied some of my imports to the Channels folder (and vice versa). Instead of trying to find out where my error was, if I copy everything over to my imports folder, then I don't have to worry about if it was recorded by CDVR or not.

It took me awhile to understand the restrictions on the CDVR folders vs the Imports folders. I won't have this issue again in the future, I'm just looking for the best way to make sure all of my recordings are showing up.

I have had the same thing happen to me several times. I ended up doing exactly what you did (moving them to Personal Media). I now have a personal media folder used for this exact purpose.

Glad I'm not the only one :slight_smile: