Missing tv recordings

I noticed today that my wife's show this is us did not record in channels but did in the HDHR app. I have all my shows set up to record only new episodes and it did not pick it up as new. I have noticed this for another show I watch Americans pickers where the HDHR will record shows but channels will not. So far those are the only 2 shows I have noticed this on.

Does it list those shows in the DVR schedule? Did it try to record and fail, or not try at all?

I don't see it in the schedule for today but shows next week as a new episode.

Did you have enough free tuners for both Channels and HDHomeRun DVR to record it, along with whatever else was being watched/recorded? Also, it sounds as if you were recording it on both DVRs; is there a particular reason, or am I misunderstanding?

Does it take separate tuners when recording the same show on both HD HR and channels? I originally purchased it yearly subscription 2 hdhomerun DVR just haven't stop the recordings for it yet. That may be my issue if it takes up separate tuners.

I'm certain it would. They're separate record engines. How could they possibly use the same tuner?

I'm sure it does have to use separate tuners. I just didn't really think about it when I had them both still set up and noticed that one recorded and one did not. as well at that time I have other shows that are recording so I'm sure that is the cause and issue. Thanks.

Sounds like a situation of "braces and belt". While Channels and the HDHR DVR both make use of HDHR tuners, they are two entirely separate programs that have no clue what the other is doing.