MLB.TV for Channels

this is something i'm still waiting for help on. the categories are there in the guide that should make this work (and it does seem to work in ios), just not in android.

@tmm1 @maddox any idea how to make this work in android?

I'm seeing the games in the Sports filter just fine right now. In fact, it's showing the Live games and the other weird airings. Not the UPCOMING, but the ones that just list the game without the "Live" tag.

My suggestion would be to just NOT include the "Sports" genre on anything but the "Live" airings.

1 Like

on android? i still don't see them on android...

Ahhh I’ll check.

i definitely don't see them in the on now section on the android tv app or the android phone app. i can see the SNY feed in there but not any of the MLB feeds.

pushed version 1.3.0, includes some improvements to the index page (will now show what version you have installed as well as an update notification if one is available, similar to how the pluto container index looks) as well as a command to clear login information if needed:

docker exec -it channels-baseball php8 artisan login:clear
2 Likes

so i upgraded to this new ver like I've always done and now its not working. im getting the following when i browse the epg or m3u: MLB_USERNAME .env variable must be set. Cannot continue.

do i have to run that login clear command above? even though the username is set like it always has?

thanks!

edit: i take that back, i was just able to reproduce it. roll back to 1.2.2 for now and i'll work on fixing this later tonight.

1 Like

thanks! luckily i can still watch deGrom through the crappy sny tve feed which is horrible. going to downgrade now.

at least you can watch. no idea if i'm even going to be able to watch game 2 right now...our 500/500 connection right now is giving me 3/10, which probably won't even load the 720p60 stream without buffering like crazy.

if you upgrade to 1.3.0 and then run this command, you should be good to go:

docker exec -it channels-baseball php8 artisan config:cache

this has to do with the config caching i'm trying to put in with the hopes it'll speed everything up a bit, but the unintended consequence is that you now need to run this command in order for it to work after every new install. not sure that's worth it TBH, but at least this will take care of it for now. i'm probably going to push 1.3.1 tonight with the caching taken out until i figure out if it's even worthwhile.

1 Like

Thanks. 1.2.2 is working great, I’ll wait for your new version. Thanks again.

Good, it's not just me on SNY - hiccup city on TVE.

1 Like

Is that why when I start the stream it will freeze and stutter a couple of times and then finally smooth out after about 30 seconds? The wierd thing is that my new ATV 4K does not do that, only my older ATV 4K's have that behavior. When I start the same game on both ATV 4ks at the same time (one old and one new) the new one is about 10seconds behind the old one. Its almost like the new one buffers more before it starts playing.

Just an FYI there may be an issue with 1.3.0. I updated and I couldn't play the dodgers/cubs game (only one that is still on now). It just failed every time I tried to play. Downgraded to the 1.2.3 (I think that was it) and it works perfectly now.

Hey that worked! It is 1.2.2. Could not get this to work on 1.3.0.

yeah @AeroR1 and i were talking about that issue with 1.3.0 above. i haven't gotten to get a fix together yet, i'll try to get one out this weekend...but in the meanwhile 1.2.2 should be fine.

Not that ii is a major issue but any idea why the channel icons are not loading? If I go to the icon url it pulls up. I have tried 1.2.2 and 1.3.0. They initially loaded for a few seconds then disappeared.

Thank you for the great work on this.

Thanks, love this and it's working great! Any way to add the new Big Inning to this?

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/big-inning

That is on demand content, not live streams. This MLB project builds on the Custom Channels feature which relies on live streams.