MLB.TV for Channels

thanks! luckily i can still watch deGrom through the crappy sny tve feed which is horrible. going to downgrade now.

at least you can watch. no idea if i'm even going to be able to watch game 2 right now...our 500/500 connection right now is giving me 3/10, which probably won't even load the 720p60 stream without buffering like crazy.

if you upgrade to 1.3.0 and then run this command, you should be good to go:

docker exec -it channels-baseball php8 artisan config:cache

this has to do with the config caching i'm trying to put in with the hopes it'll speed everything up a bit, but the unintended consequence is that you now need to run this command in order for it to work after every new install. not sure that's worth it TBH, but at least this will take care of it for now. i'm probably going to push 1.3.1 tonight with the caching taken out until i figure out if it's even worthwhile.

1 Like

Thanks. 1.2.2 is working great, I’ll wait for your new version. Thanks again.

Good, it's not just me on SNY - hiccup city on TVE.

1 Like

Is that why when I start the stream it will freeze and stutter a couple of times and then finally smooth out after about 30 seconds? The wierd thing is that my new ATV 4K does not do that, only my older ATV 4K's have that behavior. When I start the same game on both ATV 4ks at the same time (one old and one new) the new one is about 10seconds behind the old one. Its almost like the new one buffers more before it starts playing.

Just an FYI there may be an issue with 1.3.0. I updated and I couldn't play the dodgers/cubs game (only one that is still on now). It just failed every time I tried to play. Downgraded to the 1.2.3 (I think that was it) and it works perfectly now.

Hey that worked! It is 1.2.2. Could not get this to work on 1.3.0.

yeah @AeroR1 and i were talking about that issue with 1.3.0 above. i haven't gotten to get a fix together yet, i'll try to get one out this weekend...but in the meanwhile 1.2.2 should be fine.

Not that ii is a major issue but any idea why the channel icons are not loading? If I go to the icon url it pulls up. I have tried 1.2.2 and 1.3.0. They initially loaded for a few seconds then disappeared.

Thank you for the great work on this.

Thanks, love this and it's working great! Any way to add the new Big Inning to this?

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/big-inning

That is on demand content, not live streams. This MLB project builds on the Custom Channels feature which relies on live streams.

Out of curiosity, would it be feasible to have the "free game of that day" as a dedicated channel too?

you read my mind...I've actually been working on this. not as a dedicated channel, just that it'll say in the guide which game is free and load it if you go to that channel without an active sub (you'll still need a MLB login though).

So I'm going to be greedy and ask for something lol. What about a channel that pulls the active score web page down so we can decide what games to watch? Kind of like the mlb app on ATV that shows the scores, base runners, number of outs etc.
Like: https://www.mlb.com/scores/2021-07-15

i've thought about that but i'm not sure it's possible. the problem i see is that i don't know how useful it would be considering i don't think i can make it update...it would have to be just a single static image that refreshes every time you load the channel, which in my opinion is kinda pointless.

i'll do some tinkering and see if i can figure out a way to make it work, but no promises...

Even that would be pretty decent, open it up, check the scores and pick a game from there. Thanks for all your work on this, absolutely love it

uh i know its probably not your container - but every single game on today is giving me blackout screen
something weird going on ?

Am now having this same issue. It was working through yesterday. Any idea what the problem could be?

I just tried looking at the brewers game and the angels game (only 2 on right now) and it worked fine for me. However, I am using a smartdns service for my mlb container so I usually never see a blackout message for any region anyway.