MLB.TV for Channels

Thanks for sharing this. Are you seeing all teams being available? I am missing several teams, i.e. the Padres.

Thanks!

Watching the Padres right now. Well, it's a commercial but I have it on via MLB for Channels.

1 Like

Is there any way this could be configured to create channels containing the video feed muxed with the radio audio feed for games?

1 Like

@markdstjohn

1 Like

Iā€™m having issues with getting channels to show any games. Feeds are working, but when I go to actually watch any games it just spins. Confirmed that my credentials work directly.

Was working on Monday and no longer.

Looking at logs nothing jumps out at me. Can anyone suggest how I can look further into this?

Running on Unraid 6.12 latest release via Docker.

Thanks!

Chris

Looking at it, only one game is being played right now, NYY vs Det. I got that game to pop up. Can you get that game? Otherwise, I would maybe try updating the newest pre-release and maybe stopping the Channels container as well as the MLB-TV one and restarting them to see if that fixes it.

yankees/tigers game loads fine for me right now as well.

can you run this command on the container and send me the logs via DM? replace channels-baseball with whatever you named your mlb container.

docker exec -it channels-baseball cat /var/www/html/storage/logs/laravel.log
1 Like

This was actually last night when I had the problem, but I did try to load the NYY / Tigers game today and got the same result.

@crackers8199 I am a bit embarrassed that I can't seem to run the command in Unraid. I've attached what I get when I load the console on the Docker within Unraid. I tried to run it within a Docker Instance of Portainer too, but am getting no results.

I will say - I haven't done any changes and despite there being no games on right now, when I go to load it does say the channel is offline instead of spinning so something may have changed. I'll keep the channel in the loop tonight once games start (light night for games)

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

CH

@crackers8199 - When I go to a game that is in fact live, it spins and won't load. When I go to an entry that is not showing - I get the "This Stream is currently off air"

But when I go to an actual live game, it won't load. However, when I go into docker and put in a fake password, I don't get the "This Stream is Currently Off Air" so I do feel like I'm authenticating with MLB, but I can't watch any live games.

Any thoughts? Or any way I can get you the logs?

Thanks!

from that command prompt, run the command after the container name by itself.

cat /var/www/html/storage/logs/laravel.log

Did you put in your storage paths? When I made the docker, I made it myself manually as the translation for Unraid didn't seem to work correctly.

@crackers8199 i was wondering if you got the mlb network to work with this, that for sure will make this the indeed go to.

1 Like

unfortunately no, i haven't completely straightened that out yet.

No worries thanks for all your hard work

Was trying to record Houston Astros game. They ended up changing the time from 1pm to 6pm CST because Texas won and they wanted the game to be later and the guide data never updated and was wondering why that would be the case and how would you go about fixing that?

there's no real way to fix that. i can only rely on the data i'm given by the API. i would have no way of knowing the game time was changed if they don't tell me about it...

Also may want to change how often the guide data is refreshed. I have mine set to every hour because I am paranoid something is going to change.

With Spring Training right around the corner, I checked on my MLB channels and see that I'm getting an error and none of the channels are showing up anymore. I'm trying to figure out if there is something that has broken on my end, or is this not working for anyone?

I am seeing this error in the log:
2024/02/14 15:01:10 [error] 12#12: *8532 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.250, server: _, request: "GET /epg HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "192.168.1.250:8080"

Hi there,
What are you seeing in the MLB app?
I'm guessing they may have changed the streaming.
We will need to see what happens once the streaming provier starts working with the feeds.