MLB.TV for Channels

All is working great on opening day....been watching my O's.

2 Likes

it looks like the big inning feed guide data should be working again. they turned it back on and used the same address as last year, so it's working again (at least it is for me). if anyone is still having issues let me know and i'll look into it.

4 Likes

Any way you can help with the exception I'm getting when trying to pull guide data for NYY?

2 Likes

I had a firewall issue on my server PC, this resolved the logos not being available in case anyone has this issue in the future.

try adding the rest of the teams back in and see if that fixes it. it's possible it's an issue when running with a single team...i can look into it when i get a chance but if you can help me out by trying that it'd be appreciated.

has anyone else seen periodic choppy video this year? it doesn't seem to be my chromecast or my internet connection or even the server that i'm running the container on, because when i view the feeds in tivimate they're fine...but channels is occasionally stuttering all over the place.

I tried earlier and with no changes the page refreshed perfectly. Not sure if you did anything on the backend. Also playback has been fine for me throughout. Server is on Windows client on nVidia Shield

I was yesterday. The stream kept bombing out.

2024/03/31 15:34:08.884127 [TNR] Closed connection to M3U-MLBTV for ch6401 New York Mets
2024/03/31 15:34:08.884148 [TNR] Error during live stream for ch6401 New York Mets: astits: fetching next packet failed: astits: fetching next packet from buffer failed: astits: reading 188 bytes failed: Error: Invalid padding descriptor
2024/03/31 15:36:21.658951 [TNR] Opened connection to M3U-MLBTV for ch6401 New York Mets

It seems to be ok today.

1 Like

Yeah happened to me for the first time today. About halfway through the pirates game it started to play up. Iv watched about 10 other games so far this year that have all been fine

Yes

It's the Mets...Just saying...

I keep getting Connection Lost errors tonight. Not sure if it is my Internet connection or something else, but it has happened 7 or 8 times over about an hour of watching the Padres feed.

I kept having issues with the Padres feed on my end but assumed it was due to my hard drives in the Synology.
Thankfully, Fubo was running the game so I was able to move over to our feed.
I would sure like to know what has changed.

When I try to record a game, the resulting recording only shows the MBL statement about Black Outs. I can view the game on the MLB App ok.
This has happened several times. Any thoughts as to why I can't record a baseball game?

Other than this problem with recording, it works very well. Thanks.

Recording or watching from Channels should have the same result. The fact that the mlb app is working vs the docker container means that you have a variable that is different. With the browser based mlb.tv method that the docker container uses, mlb uses the DNS server that you are resolving from to determine your location. You more than likely are running into a DNS issue. You didn't mention what client platform you are viewing the mlb app from. If it is a device with GPS mlb will use that. They only use DNS resolution data for devices that dont natively have location data available.

1 Like

I use Apple TV. Also I use a VPN.

Thanks.

Try running speedtest.net on both your AppleTV (there's a speedtest.net app in the store) and on your phone or whatever you're running the MLB app on. You'll probably find that you're shown to be in different locations.

There you go...

1 Like

yup, this is the issue. as i've said many times, i can't and won't support getting around blackouts because i don't want them shutting down this access to the streams.

that being said, if one is working but the other is not, as has been said, you need to look at what's different on your server vs your computer (or phone or whatever device it's working on). as @slampman said, watching and recording in channels should do the same thing (i.e. if it's blacked out in the recording it's going to be blacked out when you're watching it live, or vice versa).

Hi there,
From what i can tell, MLB is blocking VPN servers.
Each video stream is a separate instance. It is better to just figure out what network is streaming your team and use a proper avenue.
One VPN location may work while another location won't work.
II wouldn't want them cutting off access to the streams either.

thanks

1 Like