MLB.TV for Channels

@crackers8199
That is what it looks like to me. I can click on the Rockies feed and see the game.

1 Like

hmm....i need to sort this out then. if i look at the epg right now, it's correct...so there must be a glitch for when channels last loaded the epg where that was showing incorrectly.

edit: nevermind, i see what happened now. working on fixing it.

just pushed 1.2.2, which has a fix for the guide issue just discussed plus some other minor enhancements.

this version also includes a new root display page, which you can visit at http://server.ip:8080 to get links to the epg and m3u - will eventually include current version and update notifications, but we're not there yet.

2 Likes

Thank you! Happy memorial day weekend

You’ll get a gold star or cookie if you can have the radio calls as secondary audio.

I want Howie Rose instead of these fox idiots!

Great work man.

lol, working on that as we speak actually for the exact same reason. i am watching the game on my roku right now because of that...the annoying part is that the overlay isn't lined up right. the audio is a split second ahead of the video.

the other annoying thing is that you can only overlay the home audio. i'm trying to figure out a way around that too.

3 Likes

i have this semi-working. i can hear howie and wayne but it keeps flipping back and forth between them and the FOX crew every other second. still messing with it but this is further than i thought i'd get in just an hour or so of messing with it...

2 Likes

I’m not an mlb.tv subscriber because my local team would always be blacked out but I just wanted to chime in and say a big thank you to @crackers8199 for all the work it took (and continues to take) to put this together for the community. Great stuff. Much appreciated. Makes me wish I had more free time to do the same.

2 Likes

i need to take a break, have some outside work i need to get done with the sunlight we have left...i'll work on this again tomorrow or maybe with the later games tonight if there's time left in them. i'm sure there's something obvious i'm missing.

2 Likes

is anyone here an expert on m3u8 playlists and changing the audio in them that can help me with this?

Great job, @crackers8199! This is super useful, but do you know how far in advance the guide should load the next days games. I'm not seeing any blocks for the live games yet and thus can't set my recording.

it should load 7 days at a time (each time the DVR updates the guide). if yours isn't doing that, that's a channels question...

can any of the devs assist? @tmm1?

Yeah, that's weird. I'm just getting the channels without any blocks for the games. I can still stream when they're live, but not record. I checked my docker script again and it looks identical to yours.

does the web guide show the game blocks? what address did you enter for the guide url?

No, the web guide doesn't show game blocks either. I entered http://server.ip:8080/epg

i'm sure you did but just to double-check: you put your actual IP in there right? and are using host port 8080 to forward into the docker container?

if you have both of those set up that way i have no idea what's going on...even more so if the games are working. if the m3u is imported into channels and it's loading the games, the container is working so i can't see any reason the epg wouldn't work as well. if you go to that URL in your browser, can you see the epg xml? (you might have to do a view-source to see it formatted easily enough to read it)

1 Like

Thanks for your help @crackers8199! I figured it out after going back and looking at script. I only included teams I was interested in on the initial docker run script. I realized I could exclude teams I don't want from the guide later on, so this is what I'm going to do. Guide data looks great now with game blocks and everything.

i'm not sure i follow, though...even if you exclude teams using the docker config, it should still show the teams you do have in the guide data.

I've been using this docker app for weeks now without any problem, really loving it. I've been enjoying lots of games throughout the day. There are a bunch of MLB games on right now though and every single one is reporting that it's "unavailable due to MLB blackout restrictions." Anyone else experiencing this? I am in Los Angeles, my ISP is Spectrum and I'm using the default settings. I previously had no issues watching teams from other states play against/in other states, but now I can't watch any. I am however able to stream games using the MLB At Bat website, as well as the (sub-par) AppleTV app. It's just MLB.TV for Channels that this error is showing and it never showed before (except for in-market games, as expected.) I tried rebooting the Channels DVR as well as the docker app, reinstalling, reverting to 1.2.1 but that didn't help, so I just upgraded back to 1.2.2. What else can I try and how do I go about troubleshooting this? Please note I'm not trying to bypass any geolocation restrictions, I'm just trying to watch the games I'm allowed to watch with my MLB subscription, at this location. Thanks!

Is anyone else having an issue with streams freezing and then getting the connection lost message? I thought it was the feed but I have 2 ATV'S on now watching the Nats and one will dump out if the stream while the other keeps playing. Never happened before today. It's always rock solid. I've got fiber and the ATV's, channels server, and docker server are all on the same gigabit switch.

The only error I see in the channels log is when I try to restart the stream and it fails right after.

Could not start stream for M3U-mlbtv ch20000 Washington Nationals: M3U: Could not fetch playlist: http://192.168.12.116:8282/playlist/WAS: Get "http://192.168.12.116:8282/playlist/WAS": net/http: timeout awaiting response headers

I did update to the latest docker version before I started the game but I don't know if that has any bearing on this or not.