MLB.TV for Channels

Wonder if someone can do something similar for nbc sports treatment of the olympics

That is an amazing project. Thank you!

Just looked through the code a bit - is there a public repo? Did you create the webapp yourself? Kudos!

2 Likes

@crackers8199 fyi, the current Mets (mets channel) double header is not working. saw while recording the first game and now it says this stream is currently off air for the second game.

the game is streaming on the Rockies channel.

im guessing it has to do with that stream id you had mentioned on double headers that have been already started?

thanks

yep, that's exactly what it is, i haven't gotten a chance to fix it yet. what's happening is that if you try to load the second game after the first game has ended but before the second game stream is active, it caches the off-air stream because it thinks there is no game active.

until i do, the way to avoid that is to not load the channel until the second game is actually starting...if you load it too soon, you end up with that off-air stream cached for an hour. if you wait until the second stream is active, it will see that the second game is active and load it after it clears the first one.

or, alternatively you can watch the second stream on the channel for the other team if you hadn't already tried to load that one too (it only caches streams you've attempted to watch).

in the meanwhile, you can fix this if you encounter it in future doubleheaders before i fix it by running this command...

docker exec -it channels-baseball rm -rf /var/www/html/storage/framework/sessions/*

that will clear your cached streams and should allow it to load the second game then once it starts.

1 Like

thanks, ill give that a try.

thinking out loud, since i have a pass for mets games, this command wont work since its recording. so i would have to cancel recording, run the command, then try to re record.

maybe split the guide data into two back to back live entries? i dont know who that would work with games going over or over padding.

thanks.

1 Like

yeah, straight doubleheaders are kind of a disaster at this point. i have been trying to come up with a better way to handle them but haven't found one yet...splitting it into two live recordings causes other potential issues (like today where the first game was insanely short, or if the first game runs super long).

split doubleheaders it handles better, since there's a longer gap in-between games.

@AeroR1 also, #LFGM.

2 Likes

LFGM!

have to add extra words to this post since the forum thinks the above is not a sentence :laughing:

2 Likes

lol...

i think the quick and dirty fix for this until i come up with a better way to handle doubleheaders overall is to just do a shorter cache time on the off-air stream if we're in-between games of a DH. i think i can make that happen relatively easy to solve the problem for now while i'm trying to come up with a better long term solution. i'll try to get that done tonight if i have time, or over the long weekend coming up if not...will become more of an issue soon with all of the DHs the mets have coming up later in the season.

Good idea but how will that work if you’re recording the double header? Since it’s recording, the original stream keeps going. Will the cache reset work if the original stream is being recorded?

no, that's going to be an issue. the stream will always cut out when the first game stops, i think, becuase they're two separate streams.

i can split it into two guide blocks, but like i said that would be a potential nightmare for padding and overflow on a straight doubleheader. it also wouldn't fix the problem, because the stream needs to be reloaded on the second game (so if the first game overflows the guide block, the second game recording is just going to start recording the end of the first game and then stop).

@AeroR1 i'm going to see if maybe i can stitch the streams together (so that game 1 would be followed by "off air" when it ends followed by game 2 when it starts without having to reload the channel, but i'm not entirely sure i'll be able to make that work. we'll see...

in the meanwhile though, i'm going to decrease the cache time on the off air stream if between games of a DH to at least resolve the problem for watching it live at the moment. i'll also split the DH into two guide blocks, but that could introduce other issues like i mentioned earlier. we'll see how that goes...

1 Like

pushed version 1.2.1 (and updated first post to reflect), includes the doubleheader / off air cache handling we talked about earlier today. let me know if there are any issues.

Since mlb changed thier ATV app I have been using this exclusively. It is so much better :slightly_smiling_face:
Actually I just realized you could swipe down and change games without going back to the guide. That is awesome.

1 Like

This is fantastic. Thank you very much @crackers8199 the new version is working flawlessly for me so far. I found a grouping of channels close to the rest of the "SPORTS" channels for TVE 6220-6249 (30 Channels) so I don't have to scroll so far on my NVIDIA shield.

Thank you.

Is there a way to add the attribute for the MLB channels so they show up when you filter for sports in the EPG? I have looked and cannot seem to find an answer or even a breadcrumb to start looking. Any help would be appreciated to direct me to the right forum or if I am asking the right question.

Thanks

I found this in another thread. Would we be able to script this into the "docker-compose" script that generates the EPG file?

I tried the below in a static file and both did not work:

Category

tmm1
Channels Developer

Nov '20

**Your xmltv would need to tag movies correctly using <keyword>movie</keyword> or <category>Movie</category>**

Thanks. It's working great.

we are working on that, yes.

1 Like

can someone take a look at the guide right now and tell me if you're seeing the Rockies feed in the guide on the pirates channel, and nothing in the guide on the Rockies channel?

1 Like