MLB.TV for Channels

When i went to try and watch, i was asked to pick a tv provider.

Its available at no extra cost for existing and future MLB.tv subscribers this season.

2 Likes

i caught that, too. i get MLB.TV for free through my team's season ticket package, so I've got no issues spending $6/month for 1 one of the few channels i watch live.

im curious what they mean by 'future' subscribers, though. its included with MLB.tv next season, too? or anyone that signs up for MLB.TV for the remainder of this season? (likely)

1 Like

Probably anyone that signs up for the remainder of the season and/or the post season.

I am guessing it will be included next season as well either as an add-on or they will update the price to reflect its addition if you do the annual rate.

Just saw this. Great news cause MLBN is getting harder and harder to find on cable. Agreed, if this could be implemented to MLB.tv for Channels or EPlusTV that would be pretty sweet.

I'm wondering if this is why MLB made some changes to MLB.tv recently.

2 Likes

mlbserver is now updated too, if anyone is looking for another M3U/XML alternative.

https://github.com/tonywagner/mlbserver

1 Like

great news I love mlbserver. great to have you here @tonywagner thanks for all you do!

I'm now getting an odd error after updating mlbserver though:

Maybe try deleting your data/data.json file and restarting the program?

That didn't seem to work unfortunately. I even removed and reinstalled and got the same results for every game now. I notice I also lose connection to the server each time.

You are using the docker method correct? If so... When you deleted the container did you also delete the persistent storage?

1 Like

I probably should use the docker but no I had been using the node-cli version

Ahhh. Yeah if you switch to docker it will work fine...

This has been fixed in the latest mlbserver build (Version 2024.07.25-3).
Many thanks! @tonywagner

It did and better yet now v2024.07.27-2 has added MLB Network and GameChanger!

4 Likes

Not seeing the gracenote for some reason.

How do you get it to update to LATEST in Portainer? Does it do it automatically or do I need to force it or recreate the whole thing?

yeah i'm using that version

I had to use the xml as i don't see gracenote connections

They are there

This method has worked for me when managing mlbserver updates via Portainer:

1. In Portainer, click on the container you want to update
  2. In the Container Details screen, stop the container
  3. Once stopped, click on "recreate"
  4. Toggle "Pull latest image" and click recreate
  5. Once completed, restart the container
1 Like