MLB.TV for Channels

mlb.tv is broken due to the new api that they have implemented. I'm sure that the containers will be updated for the different projects. Right now there is project that is working but m3u support hasn't been added yet. The author told me that it is high on his priority list. He also said he would try to get radio feeds working as the primary audio stream specifically for use with channels :wink: I installed the container but its pre alpha and doesn't work right as of now. so hopefully soon things will be sorted out.

3 Likes

@slampman are you running the Eplus container for MLB as well? Is it working? I don’t want to waste my time setting an eplus container if it’s broken for MLB as well.

Yeah I have all 3 (eplus, @crackers8199 container, & mlbserver) and they are all broken.

4 Likes

Just tried the kodi plugin (and the webui) and that worked. I guess I'll just integrate that into my kodi homescreen and use that in the interim

I got the docker up and running.
Went to the stream that was provide din the web browser and found the m3u link.
Stream plays great in channels. When they go to break at laeast here i'm getting he loop of baseball sounds will they let us know that commercial break is in progress.
If you want to wat the games in channels, it can be done with this new docker

2 Likes

I just finished watching the Padres using the m3u from the alternative container and it seemed to work.
When the broadcast goes to commercial break, you get a video file of random ballpark stuff with the commercial break in progress.
looking forward to seeing how it can be connectd to channels.
I love being able to bring up previous days games.

1 Like

@rpaulmerrell Which alternative container did you use? The Kodi PlugIn? I'm struggling to get Kodi up and running on Unraid and was hoping for a Docker alternative.

I'm using the kodi Plugin. I'm navigating to the website and i start the game i want and select my feed.
I'm using aa chrome extention that exposes the m3u8 files in the stream and i'm copying the URL and placing it in a custom channel.
The solution isn't great but it is better than no MLB on channels.
The docker was updated today
I'm looking forward to seeing how things develop.

1 Like

Interesting that MLB decided to disrupt their customers over the all-star break instead of the winter break, people who just want to watch it the way they want to watch. People should perhaps consider where they spend their money. I know I am.

1 Like

We can thank all the pirate sites and account sharing going on on the MLB site.
I don't think it will stop the problem but it should put the breaks on things.

1 Like

them doing this is exactly the reason i was so emphatic in the OP and throughout this thread that i would not support or help people trying to bypass blackouts. i'm honestly surprised it took them as long as they did to make such a drastic change.

anyway, as most of you have probably noticed i've been insanely busy with life and my day job over the past few months and haven't had much time to do anything with this. i'm still trying to carve out time to fix this, but i can't make any promises that it'll be any time soon.

6 Likes

Worth keeping in mind that these fan-made tools were all using an old API that MLB had already removed from its official apps. So I don't think there was any intent to disrupt -- as far as they were concerned, they were just decommissioning something that was longer in use.

4 Likes

No need to run Kodi -- it's available as a Docker image too: https://hub.docker.com/r/tonywagner/plugin.video.mlbserver

And now with some basic M3U/XML support.

5 Likes

I got this installed (Docker) and pointed the XML and m3u at Channels as a custom source. I authenticated with my credentials and can see the schedule/slate of games.

However, the games never play. Even when going to IP:5714 and selecting a game. I get the player window, but nothing ever happens.

EDIT: Python version seems to be working fine just fine!

Edit 2: Is their a way to get/use images to present themselves in a more "friendly" way? Eg: The Diamondbacks channel logo is a URL like this;

https://www.mlbstatic.com/team-logos/109.svg

The .svg image extension doesn't seem to work when feeding into Emby/Plex. A minor complaint for an otherwise excellent job!

2 Likes

Hi there,
I have channels going with the new mlbserver with m3u and guide xml
When i add the xml link it isn't populating the logos for me to map the channels.
The data is there but channels isn't grabbing it. What am i missing?
Appreciate the help.

The logos are stored locally on the mlbserver container. You may have an access issue. You could use my m3u posted in the other thread, i have the gracenote ids and internet accessible logos built in. No need for any xml...

Direct JPG links are in the latest version (2024.7.23.4).

If you were having any playback issues, you can try the latest version too -- I had to tweak the headers to successfully play the streams in VLC.

1 Like

It was a bug on first time start up. Fixed in the latest container (2024.07.23.5)

Thanks so much I will test.

@tonywagner thanks for the work, the new plugin is working well within Channels.

I just saw that we can purchase MLB Network for $5.99/month now and I hope that can be integrated with the plugin. It looks like its using the same login info as MLB.tv. im yet to find WHERE to watch on the MLB.tv website or within any apps, however.