MLB.TV for Channels

Tuner sharing is not optional for dvr based streams. If the log says it's sharing tuners then it is definitely sharing the stream. You can confirm using lsof to see what connections are active to the docker container and from where.

I'll try running lsof to see what is happening when some games come on. If tuner sharing is working though then there should be no difference in playing a live stream vs playing a recording in progress. Clearly there is an issue though as I had up to 6 streams running for an hour playing the recording progress and 3 streams died after 5 min when I selected the channel from the guide.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here.

Perhaps your clients are not set to Home Streaming Quality: Original

It's set to original but I may have found something. I think my ssd datastore that docker is on just crapped out. I've got errors in vsphere now and can't access the VM anymore. It may have been dying for the last few days and finally just gave out. Let me recreate the docker server and try again.

Sorry for the fire drill

Closing the loop on this one. It was in fact the storage failing on my esxi server. I guess recording the game somehow masked the issue. Maybe I didn't see the glitches that way or something. I moved the VM to another host and all is well. Sorry for the confusion.

3 Likes

I'm running Channels on a Pi. Will it run an on Pi? (linux)

i know the underlying issue here has been figured out, but the answer to this question as far as i can tell is no. i've had it running in tivimate with 7 games up at the same time with no issues.

also, sorry for the delay in responding here: mets were in SD so i was down there at all four games and obviously as such didn't have much time to check the forum.

1 Like

LOL! It's why we do what we do....

i'm not a docker expert, but i don't see why not.

Ok, build a standalone Ubuntu VM today and installed docker. "Installed docker" is a euphamism, it's really easy to do, and leave it in a way that the instructions won't work.

Having said that, I GOT IT TO WORK! Cool.

Now I want to ask: Is there ANYONE on this thread that's gotten it to run on Docker on a Raspberry Pi?

1 Like

Will this work on a Raspian build? I'm getting errors that it's looking for ARM and not AMD.

I got that, too, never really got an answer. People think it should work, but haven't found an example of it working and I'm brand spanking new to docker.

First of all I just want to say thanks... this is awesome! It also made me learn how to use Docker and some new skills so kudos for that too. My only question is if it is possible to have the games show up in the on now tab in the sports category?

this is something i'm still waiting for help on. the categories are there in the guide that should make this work (and it does seem to work in ios), just not in android.

@tmm1 @maddox any idea how to make this work in android?

I'm seeing the games in the Sports filter just fine right now. In fact, it's showing the Live games and the other weird airings. Not the UPCOMING, but the ones that just list the game without the "Live" tag.

My suggestion would be to just NOT include the "Sports" genre on anything but the "Live" airings.

1 Like

on android? i still don't see them on android...

Ahhh I’ll check.

i definitely don't see them in the on now section on the android tv app or the android phone app. i can see the SNY feed in there but not any of the MLB feeds.

pushed version 1.3.0, includes some improvements to the index page (will now show what version you have installed as well as an update notification if one is available, similar to how the pluto container index looks) as well as a command to clear login information if needed:

docker exec -it channels-baseball php8 artisan login:clear
2 Likes

so i upgraded to this new ver like I've always done and now its not working. im getting the following when i browse the epg or m3u: MLB_USERNAME .env variable must be set. Cannot continue.

do i have to run that login clear command above? even though the username is set like it always has?

thanks!

edit: i take that back, i was just able to reproduce it. roll back to 1.2.2 for now and i'll work on fixing this later tonight.

1 Like