MLB TV subscription

update on this: this has been more of a PITA than i expected. i still think i can get it working, but i'm fighting with it at the moment...will keep everyone posted here. hopefully will have time this weekend to get locked in and figure it out, but no promises.

1 Like

Sign me up as another very interested party. Subscribing to this thread, looking forward to anything you can figure out!

right now where i'm stuck is getting the games to play in channels. i have them playing in vlc, but as soon as i try to load them in channels it goes nowhere.

if any of the devs can point me in the right direction here that would help...

edit: nevermind, i think i figured it out. tomorrow will be a lot of testing while live games are on, and then if all goes well i'll figure out how to package this up and send it to a few of you to beta test.

edit 2: i take that back. i might have some more stuff to figure out as far as live games go.

4 Likes

stay tuned. might be good to go.

watching giants/rockies right now. have only had it on for a few minutes but the stream seems solid. going to watch the rest of this game (bottom 6th now) and then do some more testing with the later games and see where we're at. will keep everyone posted...

8 Likes

You will be my hero. Mlbtv incorrectly blacks me out in my mobile so I can only watch my team at home. Would be awesome to be able to watch on the go :blush:

Lol I have been checking back on this thread every day. Glad it’s almost ready!!

I wonder if your work may be useful to integrate other 3rd party Services in the future

things i have left to work out before i can release this (hoping to finalize them this weekend):

• national blackouts (not sure how this will handle things like the ESPN sunday night game, want to make sure it doesn't inadvertently hammer MLB's servers and cause them to ban it)

• still need to work out an EPG so we can see what games are currently on (right now it just has the team name with no guide)

other than those two minor details it seems to be holding up pretty well. of course stay tuned here for updates...

1 Like

possible, but I doubt it. this is just using MLB's api to log in and load the streams as if it were loading in a web browser.

here's where we're at...

still tinkering with the best format for the guide data. right now i have it setting each game at six hours, which feels a little long...but i wanted to make sure that games don't run past the guide window. if anyone has thoughts on that i'm open to suggestions.

3 Likes

This looks amazing. I’m definitely interested. I will be following closely.

It does look great. Those channel numbers, I'm assuming those are just a random sequence you chose? I ask as I already have actual cable channels assigned to those numbers.

Nice! Very interested in this project.

I made it configurable. you tell it what channel you want first, and then you can also configure the order of the teams. I picked 777 because I have nothing there and wanted an easy triple tap number to get to the beginning of the list.

1 Like

Thanks, sorry, I missed that above.

I'm amazed by this and I'm not even that much of a baseball fan! But I'm fascinated that you've been able to get it working with Channels. Truly inspiring work. This might get me to start watching baseball!
I'm thinking I'll intentionally pick a non-local team to follow, in order to avoid frustration from any "blackout" restrictions. lol

2 Likes

i am hopeful that maybe by tomorrow night i'll have this ready to give to a few people to help me test it. i don't want to put it out there for everyone until it's absolutely ready because i don't know how much time i'll have to support it if people run into issues...i want it to be solid first.

Count me in as a tester when your ready!

I'll happily test for you as well :blush:

I'm in as well.