Mlb.tv update

MLB M3U logo bug fixed in mlbserver version 2024.8.2

2 Likes

@tonywagner im catching this error in the logs at a minimum every 2 days but sometimes every day and nothing will play.

UnboundLocalError: cannot access local variable 'r' where it is not associated with a value
failed to get identify_stateHandle 'authenticators'

If I restart the container it works fine until the next day or two. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Looks like you are using the new Python-based plugin.video.mlbserver — I think the latest update should address that issue.

Ok thanks, I’ll pull the latest and give it a try.

How do you update the portainer stack to the latest? Mine seems to stay same whatever I do. "plugin.video.mlbserver 2024.7.27+omega.1 on Python 3.11.7"
It worked fine the first day, but like today it was not working, so I tried to log out and log back in, and it game me an error.
errorSummary=You do not have permission to perform the requested action errorLink=E0000006 errorId=oae9t7E9VvZSwyWwqCDaesMhA errorCauses=[]
If I delete it and start over it works until I put in the username and password.
Any clues?

I cleared up all my images, and did a fresh pull, and this is the error I'm getting now:
manifest for tonywagner/plugin.video.mlbserver:latest not found: manifest unknown:

1 Like

I ran into the same issue. It appears the "latest" tag is now missing on Docker Hub, so I had to use/include the latest version number ( 2024.8.1.1 ) when creating/pulling the image.

"latest" tag restored for plugin.video.mlbserver

@tonywagner first of all, thanks for all you have done to support mlb.tv on channels. I am having the same issue as issue #15 here:

When I stop and restart the container things work fine for a day or two until it happens again. Anything else I am missing on my side that I need to do different?

Authentication issues in the new plugin.video.mlbserver should be fixed in version v2024.8.1+omega.1

OK, I think my issue is I was never actually pulling the latest updates. I apologize, I am not experienced in the docker command and just followed the recommendation from your github to use the docker run command. When updates are made, what is the best command to pull the latest? It seems to have worked for me now using the docker pull tonywagner/plugin.video.mlbserver command, but is this the best way to do it when containers get updated?

Use watchtower

Olivetin could help you install that.

If you're using just python than you'll probably have to set up a batch script to update it automatically

Thanks. This is actually on a windows pc, so I just use docker desktop.

1 Like

Where does the guide data come from and how do I set it in "settings" on channelsDVR for the source? It seems like some of the start times are off.

Check out my original post in this thread. My m3u has the fubo guide data for all the mlb channels. The gracenote id is embedded in the m3u. With this method you dont have to do anything except paste the m3u and save. The guide data field can be left blank. It specifies the logos as well so it should all just work.

Got it. Thanks! You think the guide data could be inaccurate. It’s had the cubs game yesterday starting at 1:30pm instead of 1:20pm which is weird

Yeah I have noticed that sometimes as well. I dont see it too often though

Tonight it doesn’t even have the Cubs playing, but they are. I appreciate what you did but it appears to be FUBAR.

I use my old matty’s mlb container for guide data and just hide all the channels from the dvr server. Use the manage lineup to assign it to the tony mlb channels. This is what it is showing for the cubs game in the xmltv guide.

UPCOMING: Minnesota Twins (62-48) @ Chicago Cubs (55-59), First Pitch: Mon, 8/5/2024 | 7:05 pm, Venue: Wrigley Field, HOME Feed: MARQ LIVE: Minnesota Twins (62-48) @ Chicago Cubs (55-59), First Pitch: 8/5/2024 | 7:05 pm, Venue: Wrigley Field

FUBAR? Seems a bit callow.

With gracenote data, I see the cubs postgame but not the game itself. However, I do see the game under the Twins guide.

There is a process to report incorrect gracenote data. This isn’t it.

1 Like