Moved server now Docker not working

agree .. no need to mask local IP.

docker 6

That didn't work still the same error

Factor out the channels server, try the full url in your browser (on another machine, not the docker server) with the 192.168.86.129 address.

here is another one you can test with as well (below). This is a CBN live stream that I have set up as channel. I changed it to your ip and port. Copy and paste this in your browser. If it still doesn't work then work backwards. Change the ip to 127.0.0.1 and try navigating to it from a browser on the docker host. All of this will help you determine if you have a docker container issue or a network issue.

http://192.168.86.129:8080/_/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG2XDTgvZPo

Probably firewall issue on the PC

Good point. I didn't think of that one as I run mine on Linux :grin:

I am running into a roadblock as I am not sure how to test connections.
To preface I have just disabled all firewalls on the desktop (Docker). Tested to see and still getting an error on 2 separate clients.
I have a laptop not associated with channels DVR or docker.

Using the laptop:
Using a browser inputting the IP address of the Shield (Channels DVR Server) it pulls up the admin access as I am aware it should.
Using a browser inputting the IP address of the Desktop (Docker) it times out
using a cmd line pinging the IP address of the Shield it doesn't connect.
using a cmd line pinging the IP address of the desktop it doesn't connect.

Using the Shield (Channels DVR Server):
using a browser inputting the IP of the Desktop (Docker) it doesn't connect
using a browser inputting the IP of the Laptop it doesn't connect

Using the desktop (Docker)
Using a browser inputting the IP address of the Shield (Channels DVR Server) it pulls up the admin access as I am aware it should.
Using a browser inputting the IP address of the Laptop it times out
using a cmd line pinging the IP address of the Shield it doesn't connect.
using a cmd line pinging the IP address of the Laptop it doesn't connect.

All devices are on the same network
the firewall on the desktop (Docker) has been completely disabled
I am unaware of the proper process to test communication between devices because what I have tried does not work or gives me no information.

Any advice on how to proceed is greatly appreciated.

Don't worry about the shield and channels web access etc. Simplify this as much as possible. Docker is running on your computer. So use that url (the example I gave you with the 192 address) on another computer, laptop, phone web browser (on same network as the server) etc. If it works then you need to move on to the channels config but let's make sure it works in general

I just pasted my link in my mobile chrome browser and a play button appeared, clicked it and I had the stream

My ports are different so don't let the 8081 confuse you...

When putting the link into a browser I get a video screen with a play button and when I press play I get a black screen (no video)

You might have to head over to github and see if you can get help on the hlstube front. Docker for windows is a different animal than docker for Linux which is what I use. So I'm kind of at the end of my road for you unfortunately. I think that network wise you are reaching the server because otherwise you would have gotten page cannot be displayed instead of the play button. Could you try on a different computer and not a phone browser? Beyond that someone with Windows docker experience would have to chime in here (or the github hlstube forum)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.