Moved server now Docker not working

I have moved my Channels DVR Server from my windows 10 desktop to my NVIDIA Shied and I could not be happier. on the Windows 10 the server would disconnect constantly for memory problems. This definitely fixed the connection problems and Channels DVR is watchable again. problem is I did not move the docker that I had made for some live Youtube channels the docker is still on my windows 10 desktop. (prior to moving the server the docker was working) I want to readd my docker channels but I am having difficulty. Here is an example of the text.

#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="BLIPPI" channel-number="5515" tvg-logo="https://seeklogo.com/images/B/blippi-logo-E876BFBA0D-seeklogo.com.png" tvg-name="BLIPPI" tvc-guide-title="Blippi" tvc-guide-description="Blippi" tvc-guide-art="https://seeklogo.com/images/B/blippi-logo-E876BFBA0D-seeklogo.com.png",BLIPPI http://192.168.86.XXX:8089/_/https://youtu.be/VcgF7mKz1ts

the IP I am using is the IP of the home computer running Docker in accordance with an IPCONFIG on the cmd line. I understand this may be where my problem lies as my container IP may be different. I am running the HLS tube docker listed elsewhere in the community help from github. I do not know how to find the container IP to make the change. any insight on running a docker on a different location than your server would be helpful.

The error I am receiving is Playback Failed Could not fetch playlist: : Get": unsupported protocol scheme ""

I will be most grateful on any assistance in making this work.

8089 is the CDVR port. You need the port your docker is using.

How do I find the port the docker is using? As I thought the error had something to do with the IP address.

Try 8080

What port did you assign the container when you deployed it?

docker ps from a command line should show it.

I tried 8080 that didn't work.
I do not know what port I assigned the container when I set it up as I followed the directions from this post

I am a complete noob when it comes to docker and got lucky when it was working with the help of this great community.

the docker ps command results in a docker not found result. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

windows command prompt.
docker ps

Looks like it's not assigned any ports.

Try Port 80 the default port. or recreate the docker with a port.

I have recreated the container and assigned the port 8080, adjusted the text appropriately and it is still not working. I am no longer getting a failed to play error it is now just a black screen. I have checked the live youtube channel and it is still active.

Looks like you might have the docker container ip address in there. You want the ip of your desktop computer, the docker ips are not routable outside of the computer running docker.

I have ran ipconfig and recieved 3 different IP Addresses

1. Ethernet adapter vEthernet (WSL):
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .: 172 (The IP address posted in the picture)

2. Wireless LAN adapter WiFi:
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.XXX.XX.129
    Default Gateway. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.XXX.XX.1

I have tried all 3 and it still will not load
I do not know what other IP Addresses to use.

On the channels dvr server page what ip does it show? This would be your shield ip. Is your shield Ethernet connected or WiFi?

1 Like

It shows a different IP from the 3 still 192.XXX port 8089.
it is connected to wifi as the incoming LAN is not convenient.

On the pc unplug the Ethernet adapter and try with z192.168.x.129:8080

I had no ethernet connection attached so I went into network settings and disabled it. (it now does not show on ipconfig) only the 2 IPs 192.xxx show. I changed the text to read the 128 IP and I get the playback failed error Could not fetch playlist: : Get"": unsupported protocol scheme""

I attempted on 2 different clients
same error

Sometimes the text field doesn’t clear out correctly, try changing the nickname to blippi2 and channel # to 5516. Honestly every time I try to copy and paste out of that text field something goes bad. So if you can try to enter all that info without a copy and paste and changing those 2 things it might work. Use 129:8080 and verify 5516 loads in the guide

It would probably help if you stopped X'ng out the private IP addresses.
A private IP address is not reachable from the Internet, so no need to hide it.

My servers and internal network are at 192.168.1.x and my router is at 192.168.1.1.
These are private IP addresses that nobody from the Internet can access.

Post the output of your ipconfig unredacted. As others have stated it is pointless to try and mask it.

1 Like