MSG: since email to support & twitter go unanswered, my last attempt here

After you login with TVE, click the user profile icon at the top right of the screen next to Sign Out. Does it show a name and email?

I was able to sign in with my TVE credentials without needing to make an MSGGo profile. After initially signing in, I just ignored the profile sign up pop up, and clicked the "Watch" link again. From there I was able to choose whether to play the MSG or MSG+ feed.

(After you've authenticated, you can bypass the profile by going to msggo.com/watch)

1 Like

it just shows my email because i added it for email alerts a long time ago. i have not added my first and last name. its not for login and watch purposes.

Any word? Another game I can’t record tomorrow? Thanks.

@tmm1 when you get a break from creating an image for the rPi, would a har file help you?

The site has changed in a way that makes it incompatible with how our TVE feature works, so this is not something I can quickly add back.

More code is being developed to handle cases like this better in the future, but it is not in any usable form yet.

3 Likes

Great, thank you! I was afraid that it was deprecated or out in the back burner due to the silence. Thanks again.

NHL and NBA are starting up again soon. Any chance MSG will be fixed in the near future?

I also would love for MSG, MSG Plus, and the others to be returned to the tv everywhere option.

1 Like

Glad I found this thread. I was looking forward to the NHL season to start and noticed MSG missing. Bummer. Hope it gets fixed soon.

A temporary solution. MSGGO's recent Android App has chromecast enabled again. But, the app freezes often.

Thanks Vinny, but I hate using the MSG Go app, I like being able to record the game and skip the commercials etc, all the features that make Channels DVR awesome.
@tmm1 with NHL Hockey starting tomorrow, any chance you guys can look into getting MSG, MSG +, and MSG +2 are all on the air tomorrow evening (1/14) so it'd be a good day to look into it at 7pm EST.

While I've used Channels for a while, I just signed up to try out Channels DVR/Plus. Really was hoping to have MSG available. After some research I found this thread. Just curious if there is any further news on if MSG will be available via Channels? Thanks! Dan

Bueller?

Have they changed their auth mechanism or removed the DRM from their web streams? Until they change back and remove such measures—which seems unlikely—MSG will remain unavailable through Channels.

1 Like

@tmm1, Revisiting this answer to see what the status of this issue is. Sports seasons are starting up and MSG is vital.

Will you be able to get this going soon since we see lots of server back end has been developed since this thread started?

If not, can we get some closure?

Do you need help from us to get it working?

thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for your continued effort!

To be frank, adding more channels to TVE is not a priority for us. Sports channels are particularly complicated, with blackouts, location restrictions and extra signup/logins. If someone else wants to pursue this, they can do so with the Custom Channels feature.

Personally speaking, all the channels my family cares about already work via TVE. I'd rather spend my time developing more features than tracking down every regional sports channel in the country.

3 Likes

That's a shame because sports channels like MSG is one of the top channels I watch and absolutely must for my household. Without it, I am unable to fully depend on Channels for my needs. Is there a way that we can create some kind of poll to determine if there is other interest in this channel or other ones like it to help you spend your time most efficiently but also help out those like us with some missing channels that we really miss!

Very Comcastic of you. I’m glad our money is keeping only your family happy.